Old 06-03-2011, 04:51 PM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

Default Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING!

On 06/03/2011 05:23 PM, Javier Perez wrote:
> other than a problem with CUPS, no problem here
>
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930
> <n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com
> <mailto:n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com>> wrote:
>

> To anyone trying to upgrade from Fedora 14 to Fedora 15, DON'T EVEN
> TRY!!! I've just tried and have had numerous problems, finally resulting
> in being unable to boot up any kernel version at all, using inittab mode
> 1,3, or 5. In view of this it appears I will have to reinstall
> Fedora 14.
>
> cpp4ever

> ------------------------------
> /\_/
> |O O| pepebuho@gmail.com <mailtoepebuho@gmail.com>
> ~~~~ Javier Perez
> ~~~~ While the night runs
> ~~~~ toward the day...
> m m Pepebuho watches
> from his high perch.

I'm sure somebody will be able to help you with the cups problem.
Although from my experience I've noticed how Fedora 15 install is
configured differently from Fedora 14.

Congratulations by the way, and I hope it settles down to a good stable
version for you.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Ester Muñoz Aparicio

El 30/05/11 18:52, Robert G. (Doc) Savage escribió:

> On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 22:13 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 05/30/2011 09:44 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
>>> Frank,
>>>
>>> Will this work on an old 32-bit Thinkpad that's maxed out with 512MB of
>>> RAM? Installing from DVD fails.
>>
>> You can try upgrading piecemeal. Some major set of packages, python,
>> then gtk and so on
>
> Rahul,
>
> That's what I was thinking. The roadblock I run into with a conventional
> DVD install/upgrade is:
>
> [ 7.076671] Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...

Hey there!

I had the same problem, could not install or upgrade with DVD,
netinstall or preupgrade one Thinkpad R51 with 512 MB RAM.

I did succeed with distro-sync and is working wonderfully (we use XFCE).

First I removed a lot of games, multimedia programs and others (it's my
4 year old's computer) so that I would have as much free space as
possible and then, due to lack of space (still), I installed the
fedora-release package and upgraded a few packages that did not pull
many dependecies, and then distro-synced into Fedora 15 the rest.

Greetings!
Ester
--
Ester Muñoz Aparicio
C/ San Isidro 2 Urb. Altos del Cantal 11 - 04638 - Mojácar (Almería)