Old 05-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Gregory Woodbury

Default FC15 as NFS server to another FC15 instance - rpc.svcgssd "not configured"?

I have FC15 installed on two machines:
* 1) an old dell i686 machine
* 2) a newer x86_64 machine as server

when the server machine is running FC14, NFS mounts from the i686 machine work fine.
Under FC15 on the server machine, the NFS service is running except for the rpc.svcgssd

which lists itself as "exited" with a code 6 "NOT CONFIGURED" status.

Examination of the man pages is unrevealing to me.

Am I missing something obvious?

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury

redwolfe(proventesters)

Old 05-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Gregory Woodbury

when the server machine is running FC14, NFS mounts from the i686 machine work fine.
Under FC15 on the server machine, the NFS service is running except for the rpc.svcgssd

which lists itself as "exited" with a code 6 "NOT CONFIGURED" status.

Examination of the man pages is unrevealing to me.

Am I missing something obvious?

Yes I was:

*1) rpc.svcgssd isn't required unless using kerberos
*2) the /etc/exports file wasn't right.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury
redwolfe(proventesters)