Old 05-29-2011, 02:59 PM
sguazt

Default F15: Lock Screen is not working...

... neither through the gnome-shell menu nor via the keyboard shortcut
(Ctrl+Alt+L).
I've checked for display settings and screen lock seems to be enabled (it's ON).

Any idea?

Thank you very much!!

Best,

-- Marco

Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 PM
sguazt

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... neither through the gnome-shell menu nor via the keyboard shortcut
> (Ctrl+Alt+L).
> I've checked for display settings and screen lock seems to be enabled (it's ON).
>
> Any idea?

Hmmm I've just find out that gnome-screensaver is not running.
If I run it, the screen lock works.

I've tried to reboot but after log in, gnome-screensaver is not running again.

Very strange.

How can make gnome-screensaver to run at start-up?

Cheers,

-- Marco

Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM
sguazt

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... neither through the gnome-shell menu nor via the keyboard shortcut
>> (Ctrl+Alt+L).
>> I've checked for display settings and screen lock seems to be enabled (it's ON).
>>
>> Any idea?
>>

> Hmmm I've just find out that gnome-screensaver is not running.
> If I run it, the screen lock works.
>
> I've tried to reboot but after log in, gnome-screensaver is not running again.
>
> Very strange.
>
> How can make gnome-screensaver to run at start-up?

Any help?

Thank you very much!

-- Marco

Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Hiisi

On 31 May 2011 13:57, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ... neither through the gnome-shell menu nor via the keyboard shortcut
>>> (Ctrl+Alt+L).
>>> I've checked for display settings and screen lock seems to be enabled (it's ON).
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>

>> Hmmm I've just find out that gnome-screensaver is not running.
>> If I run it, the screen lock works.
>>
>> I've tried to reboot but after log in, gnome-screensaver is not running again.
>>
>> Very strange.
>>
>> How can make gnome-screensaver to run at start-up?
>>

> Any help?
>
> Thank you very much!

Sorry, no help here. Just a remark that everything work here:
2.6.38.6-27.fc15.x86_64
ps ax | grep screen
1855 ? Sl 0:00 gnome-screensaver
--
Hiisi

Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
sguazt

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Hiisi <hiisi@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 31 May 2011 13:57, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
... [cut] ...
>>> How can make gnome-screensaver to run at start-up?
>>>

>> Any help?
>>
>> Thank you very much!
>
> Sorry, no help here. Just a remark that everything work here:
> 2.6.38.6-27.fc15.x86_64
> ps ax | grep screen
> *1855 ? * * * *Sl * * 0:00 gnome-screensaver

Thank you for the feedback.
Is there a place (like a conf file) where I can look?

With gconf-editor I see:

/apps/gnome_settings_daemon/screensaver
start_screensaver: checked

/apps/totem/plugins/screensaver
actuve: checked

/apps/gnome-screensaver:
idle_activation_enabled: checked
idle_delay: 1
lock_enabled: unchecked
mode: single
themes: [screensavers-popsquares]

Cheers,

-- Marco

Old 05-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Hiisi

On 31 May 2011 17:18, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
<--SNIP-->
> Thank you for the feedback.
> Is there a place (like a conf file) where I can look?
>
> With gconf-editor I see:
>
> /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/screensaver
> * start_screensaver: checked
>
> /apps/totem/plugins/screensaver
> * actuve: checked
>
> /apps/gnome-screensaver:
> * idle_activation_enabled: checked
> * idle_delay: 1
> * lock_enabled: unchecked
> * mode: single
> * themes: [screensavers-popsquares]
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Marco

I have nothing of the mentioned above under apps folder in
gconf-editor. Is it upgrade or fresh install? Mine is all-stock
brand-new F15 installed from live-CD. I installed it a few weeks ago
when it still was a beta (or rc1? I don't remember exactly). I have no
additional repos installed.
HTH
--
Hiisi

Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
sguazt

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Hiisi <hiisi@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 31 May 2011 17:18, sguazt <marco.guazzone@gmail.com> wrote:
> <--SNIP-->
>> Thank you for the feedback.
>> Is there a place (like a conf file) where I can look?
>>
>> With gconf-editor I see:
>>
>> /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/screensaver
>> * start_screensaver: checked
>>
>> /apps/totem/plugins/screensaver
>> * actuve: checked
>>
>> /apps/gnome-screensaver:
>> * idle_activation_enabled: checked
>> * idle_delay: 1
>> * lock_enabled: unchecked
>> * mode: single
>> * themes: [screensavers-popsquares]
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -- Marco
>
> I have nothing of the mentioned above under apps folder in
> gconf-editor. Is it upgrade or fresh install? Mine is all-stock
> brand-new F15 installed from live-CD. I installed it a few weeks ago
> when it still was a beta (or rc1? I don't remember exactly). I have no
> additional repos installed.

Well... It is a mix.
For what regards packages and root partition, it is a fresh new F15
(release version) installed from DVD iso.
However for what regards /home partition, I'm using the one coming
from F14, F13 and F12
Till F14, I used to run OpenBox (without GNOME but only with
gnome-settings-daemon) and xscreensaver.

Thanks,

-- Marco