-   -   F15: How to set up an xDSL connection? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/532125-f15-how-set-up-xdsl-connection.html)

sguazt 05-29-2011 12:15 PM

F15: How to set up an xDSL connection?

Hello,

Until F14, I used to create a ADSL connectiont with system-config-network.
Now in F15:
* The system-config-network application seems to have lost its
"power": no GUI and not able to create such a connection
* I've looked at the GNOME3 default "network settings" but the only
connections that I can create are: Wired, Wireless, Mobile broadband,
Network proxy-

Finally, I found the application 'pppoe-setup' which did the work...
even if now when I do "ifup ppp0" I get the error:
'./network-functions: line 94:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-Alice: Permission denied'

So, what is the right tool to use?

Thank you very much!

Best,

-- Marco

Vikram Goyal 05-29-2011 12:29 PM

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 02:15:02PM +0200, sguazt wrote:

> So, what is the right tool to use?
>
> Thank you very much!

Same problem here. To make the long story short, will we get the old
style network configurations UI?
--
vikram...
^^'^^||root||^^^'^^
--
After all my erstwhile dear,
My no longer cherished,

sguazt 05-30-2011 06:55 PM

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Vikram Goyal <vikigoyal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 02:15:02PM +0200, sguazt wrote:
>>
>> So, what is the right tool to use?

OK!
I found it.
You have to go to the "Applications" menu and select the "Other" submenu.
There, you can find the "Network Connections" application which let
you setup a new DSL connection.

Don't know if there is a CLI counterpart (other than pppoe-setup). Do
you know one?

Just a little more info... If you previously created a DSL connection
with pppoe-setup it will be ignored by the "Network Connections" app.

Cheers,

-- Marco