Old 05-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Ed Greshko

Default WEP key selection in GNOME

In GNOME 3 I could find no way to select which WEP key to use (1-4). I
suppose I could manually edit the file in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. But, am I missing something? In KDE it
is simple to select.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Dave Ihnat

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 01:14:28PM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> In GNOME 3 I could find no way to select which WEP key to use (1-4). ...

With all due respect, why bother? WEP as security is no security at all.

Cheers,
--
Dave Ihnat
dihnat@dminet.com

Old 05-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Ed Greshko

Dave Ihnat <dihnat@dminet.com> wrote:

>On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 01:14:28PM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> In GNOME 3 I could find no way to select which WEP key to use (1-4).
>
>With all due respect, why bother? WEP as security is no security at
>all.

I knew I should have added the caveat that anyone wishing bring up security concerns need not respond. I have my reasons and they are not up for discussion.

Cheers