FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Ed Greshko
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

It seems that NFS automounts on F15 are broken?

I have the usual bits set in fstab, one of them being

misty:/syntegra /syntegra nfs4 rw 0 0

It doesn't get mounted, and following the advice in the boot.log I see
the following....

[egreshko@meimei ~]$ sudo systemctl status syntegra.mount

syntegra.mount - /syntegra
Loaded: loaded
Active: failed since Sat, 28 May 2011 08:26:48 +0800;
1min 33s ago
Where: /syntegra
What: misty:/syntegra
Process: 995 ExecMount=/bin/mount /syntegra (code=exited,
status=32)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/syntegra.mount

Anyone else seeing this? Is it related to this bugzilla?
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=690292

A mount after book works just fine....



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Tom Horsley
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

> Anyone else seeing this? Is it related to this bugzilla?
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=690292
>
> A mount after book works just fine....

I think it may be this one:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=692008

Anyway, you are not alone. I finally just stuck some
scripts in rc.local to keep trying to mount everything
in a backgrounded loop till it actually gets mounted.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Ed Greshko
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On 05/28/2011 08:55 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> Anyone else seeing this? Is it related to this bugzilla?
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=690292
>>
>> A mount after book works just fine....
> I think it may be this one:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=692008
>
> Anyway, you are not alone. I finally just stuck some
> scripts in rc.local to keep trying to mount everything
> in a backgrounded loop till it actually gets mounted.

Thanks.... I think you've found the correct bugzilla. I too have done
some rc.local hacking to get it to work. Wonder why these sorts of
things aren't noted in the release notes as "known bugs". Oh, well....
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Louis Lagendijk
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 20:55 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > Anyone else seeing this? Is it related to this bugzilla?
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=690292
> >
> > A mount after book works just fine....
>
> I think it may be this one:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=692008
>
> Anyway, you are not alone. I finally just stuck some
> scripts in rc.local to keep trying to mount everything
> in a backgrounded loop till it actually gets mounted.
I solaved the problem by adding a comment=systemd.automount
for the NFS mounts in fstab. See man systmd.automount
Louis

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Ed Greshko
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On 05/28/2011 06:26 PM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
> I solaved the problem by adding a comment=systemd.automount
> for the NFS mounts in fstab. See man systmd.automount
> Louis

That is a very nice workaround.

Thanks,
Ed
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On 28/05/11 09:52, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/28/2011 06:26 PM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
>> I solaved the problem by adding a comment=systemd.automount
>> for the NFS mounts in fstab. See man systmd.automount
>> Louis
>
> That is a very nice workaround.

Where is the "comment=" feature documented? It's not in the man page
given above, nor in the man pages for mount or nfs.

poc
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Mike Park
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

> I solaved the problem by adding a comment=systemd.automount
> for the NFS mounts in fstab. See man systmd.automount
> Louis

Another way to solve this problem is to just use systemd unit files, placed in:

/etc/systemd/system

For example, here's a working pair of unit files that handle my
automount of a NAS backup dir for me:

# ----------
# notes:
# - to do a straight mount, you only need this file
# - the name should match the intended dir
# ex. 'mnt-nas-bak' -> '/mnt/nas/bak'
$ cat /etc/systemd/system/mnt-nas-bak.mount
[Unit]
Description=NAS bak rootdir
Wants=network.target statd.service

[Mount]
What=cartman:/var/nas/bak
Where=/mnt/nas/bak
Type=nfs
Options=noatime
TimeoutSec=15
StandardOutput=syslog
StandardError=syslog

# ----------
# notes:
# - and to set this as an automount, add this unit file
$ cat /etc/systemd/system/mnt-nas-bak.automount
[Unit]
Description=NAS bak rootdir automount
Wants=network.target statd.service

[Automount]
Where=/mnt/nas/bak

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
# ----------

Then register the unit files with systemd:

$ sudo systemctl daemon-reload
$ sudo enable mnt-nas-bak.automount


--Mike
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Ed Greshko
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On 05/29/2011 01:51 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Where is the "comment=" feature documented? It's not in the man page
> given above, nor in the man pages for mount or nfs.
>

I fount the man page Louis wrote about by googling "man systmd.automount"
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 03:41 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/29/2011 01:51 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Where is the "comment=" feature documented? It's not in the man page
> > given above, nor in the man pages for mount or nfs.
> >
>
> I fount the man page Louis wrote about by googling "man systmd.automount"

You mean "man systemd.automount" (Louis misspelled it as well).

Anyway, I wasn't asking where the manpage was since I already looked at
it. IOW I looked at the actual manpage actually installed on my actual
system, since I presume this to be the one relevant to my installation.

What I wanted to know is where is the "comment" operator described. In
the above manpage there is no instance of the word "comment" to be found
and none of the Googled copies seem to have it either. If this is a real
thing, what does it do and why is it not documented? Enquiring minds
want to know.

poc

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan
 
Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 18:13 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 03:41 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 05/29/2011 01:51 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > > Where is the "comment=" feature documented? It's not in the man page
> > > given above, nor in the man pages for mount or nfs.
> > >
> >
> > I fount the man page Louis wrote about by googling "man systmd.automount"
>
> You mean "man systemd.automount" (Louis misspelled it as well).
>
> Anyway, I wasn't asking where the manpage was since I already looked at
> it. IOW I looked at the actual manpage actually installed on my actual
> system, since I presume this to be the one relevant to my installation.
>
> What I wanted to know is where is the "comment" operator described. In
> the above manpage there is no instance of the word "comment" to be found
> and none of the Googled copies seem to have it either. If this is a real
> thing, what does it do and why is it not documented? Enquiring minds
> want to know.

Never mind. I found a mention of it in fstab(5).

poc

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:00 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org