Old 05-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Default NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 18:13 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 03:41 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 05/29/2011 01:51 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > > Where is the "comment=" feature documented? It's not in the man page
> > > given above, nor in the man pages for mount or nfs.
> > >

> > I fount the man page Louis wrote about by googling "man systmd.automount"
>
> You mean "man systemd.automount" (Louis misspelled it as well).
>
> Anyway, I wasn't asking where the manpage was since I already looked at
> it. IOW I looked at the actual manpage actually installed on my actual
> system, since I presume this to be the one relevant to my installation.
>
> What I wanted to know is where is the "comment" operator described. In
> the above manpage there is no instance of the word "comment" to be found
> and none of the Googled copies seem to have it either. If this is a real
> thing, what does it do and why is it not documented? Enquiring minds
> want to know.

And finally, the proper reference (systemd.mount(5)):

When reading /etc/fstab a few special mount options are understood by systemd which influence how dependencies are
created for mount points from /etc/fstab. If comment=systemd.mount is specified as mount option, then systemd will
create a dependency of type Wants from either local-fs.target or remote-fs.target, depending whether the file
system is local or remote. If comment=systemd.automount is set, an automount unit will be created for the file
system. See systemd.automount(5) for details.

poc

Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Ed Greshko

> You mean "man systemd.automount" (Louis misspelled it as well).

Yes... I used c&p to respond.

Good that you found it nonetheless.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Louis Lagendijk

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 13:21 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On 28/05/11 09:52, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 05/28/2011 06:26 PM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
> >> I solaved the problem by adding a comment=systemd.automount
> >> for the NFS mounts in fstab. See man systmd.automount
> >> Louis
> >
> > That is a very nice workaround.
>
> Where is the "comment=" feature documented? It's not in the man page
> given above, nor in the man pages for mount or nfs.

man systemd.mount: