-   -   Gnome3 and screensaver config (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/531663-gnome3-screensaver-config.html)

mike cloaked 05-27-2011 08:45 PM

Gnome3 and screensaver config

Does anyone know how to configure the screensaver in fedora 15 with gnome3?

i.e. can you select different gnome screensavers and timeout periods?
If not is there a package that can be installed that allows such
selection?

Maybe I am just thick and don't see the obvious!

--
mike c

Steven Stern 05-27-2011 09:13 PM

On 05/27/2011 03:45 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> Does anyone know how to configure the screensaver in fedora 15 with gnome3?
>
> i.e. can you select different gnome screensavers and timeout periods?
> If not is there a package that can be installed that allows such
> selection?
>
> Maybe I am just thick and don't see the obvious!

There is no screensaver in Gnome 3. All you can do is turn off the
monitor at some interval.

--
-- Steve

mike cloaked 05-27-2011 10:04 PM

Gnome3 and screensaver config

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Steven Stern
<subscribed-lists@sterndata.com> wrote:
> On 05/27/2011 03:45 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to configure the screensaver in fedora 15 with gnome3?
>>
>> i.e. can you select different gnome screensavers and timeout periods?
>> If not is there a package that can be installed that allows such
>> selection?
>>
>> Maybe I am just thick and don't see the obvious!
>>
> There is no screensaver in Gnome 3. *All you can do is turn off the
> monitor at some interval.

How odd - there is a package installed called gnome-screensaver I
believe - does it not do anything apart from turn off the screen?

I see that xscreensaver is available too?
--
mike c

Steven Stern 05-27-2011 10:30 PM

On 05/27/2011 05:04 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Steven Stern
> <subscribed-lists@sterndata.com> wrote:
>> On 05/27/2011 03:45 PM, mike cloaked wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to configure the screensaver in fedora 15 with gnome3?
>>>
>>> i.e. can you select different gnome screensavers and timeout periods?
>>> If not is there a package that can be installed that allows such
>>> selection?
>>>
>>> Maybe I am just thick and don't see the obvious!
>>>
>> There is no screensaver in Gnome 3. All you can do is turn off the
>> monitor at some interval.
>>

> How odd - there is a package installed called gnome-screensaver I
> believe - does it not do anything apart from turn off the screen?
>
> I see that xscreensaver is available too?

gconf-editor shows a mode and theme option, but I have no idea what they
might be.

--
-- Steve