FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Bob Goodwin
 
Default system-config-network, F-15

I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
Network Manager somewhere?

Bob

--

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 AM
john wendel
 
Default system-config-network, F-15

On 05/27/2011 09:52 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
> unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
> Network Manager somewhere?
>
> Bob
>
> --
>

In my (currently unhappy) F15 experience, NM doesn't pay attention the
the "system-config-network" settings. You need to use the NM applet
(which crashed for me). I finally did "chkconfig NetworkManager off" and
"chkconfig network on", edited the config files by hand, and now have
network working.

Good Luck

John

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Frank Murphy
 
Default system-config-network, F-15

On 27/05/11 17:52, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
> unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
> Network Manager somewhere?
>
> Bob
>
> --
>

I had to uninstall NM completly.
(I only use it on Laptops)

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Misha Shnurapet
 
Default system-config-network, F-15

28.05.2011, 21:17, "Frank Murphy" <frankly3d@gmail.com>:
> I had to uninstall NM completly.
> (I only use it on Laptops)

Could you just select "Manual" IPv4 settings when setting up a new connection?

--
Best regards,
Misha Shnurapet, Fedora Project Contributor
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet
shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, GPG: 00217306
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Bob Goodwin
 
Default system-config-network, F-15

On 27/05/11 21:18, john wendel wrote:
> On 05/27/2011 09:52 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
>> unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
>> Network Manager somewhere?
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> --
>>
> In my (currently unhappy) F15 experience, NM doesn't pay attention the
> the "system-config-network" settings. You need to use the NM applet
> (which crashed for me). I finally did "chkconfig NetworkManager off" and
> "chkconfig network on", edited the config files by hand, and now have
> network working.
>
> Good Luck
>
> John
>

Yes, I eventually did the same.

Thanks for your response.

Bob


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org