-   -   system-config-network, F-15 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/531580-system-config-network-f-15-a.html)

Bob Goodwin 05-27-2011 04:52 PM

system-config-network, F-15

I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
Network Manager somewhere?

Bob

john wendel 05-28-2011 01:18 AM

system-config-network, F-15

On 05/27/2011 09:52 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
> unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
> Network Manager somewhere?
>
> Bob
>
> --

In my (currently unhappy) F15 experience, NM doesn't pay attention the
the "system-config-network" settings. You need to use the NM applet
(which crashed for me). I finally did "chkconfig NetworkManager off" and
"chkconfig network on", edited the config files by hand, and now have
network working.

Good Luck

John

Frank Murphy 05-28-2011 12:17 PM

system-config-network, F-15

On 27/05/11 17:52, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
> unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
> Network Manager somewhere?
>
> Bob
>
> --

I had to uninstall NM completly.
(I only use it on Laptops)

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Misha Shnurapet 05-28-2011 12:56 PM

system-config-network, F-15

28.05.2011, 21:17, "Frank Murphy" <frankly3d@gmail.com>:
> I had to uninstall NM completly.
> (I only use it on Laptops)

Could you just select "Manual" IPv4 settings when setting up a new connection?

--
Best regards,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet

Bob Goodwin 05-28-2011 01:08 PM

system-config-network, F-15

On 27/05/11 21:18, john wendel wrote:
> On 05/27/2011 09:52 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> I ran "system-config-network" and set up manually leaving dhcp
>> unchecked. Is that all I have to or do I still need to disable
>> Network Manager somewhere?
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> --
>>
> In my (currently unhappy) F15 experience, NM doesn't pay attention the
> the "system-config-network" settings. You need to use the NM applet
> (which crashed for me). I finally did "chkconfig NetworkManager off" and
> "chkconfig network on", edited the config files by hand, and now have
> network working.
>
> Good Luck
>
> John

Yes, I eventually did the same.