Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Hiisi

Default evolution: how to trace the prob?

Hi, folks!
I'm having difficulties accessing my mail using evolution. I'm on VPN
and have to use specific proxy to access the web. However mail server
requires no proxy. Using the same settings thunderbird works and
evolution hangs up on checking for new mail. When I press Send/Receive
button a new window appears. It tries to connect to pop-server and
status is always 'waiting'. It's still responsible but does nothing:
no network activity.
What steps should I do to locate the problem?
TIA
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 23:09 +0400, Hiisi wrote:
> Hi, folks!
> I'm having difficulties accessing my mail using evolution. I'm on VPN
> and have to use specific proxy to access the web. However mail server
> requires no proxy. Using the same settings thunderbird works and
> evolution hangs up on checking for new mail. When I press Send/Receive
> button a new window appears. It tries to connect to pop-server and
> status is always 'waiting'. It's still responsible but does nothing:
> no network activity.
> What steps should I do to locate the problem?

Try tracing the connection activity. See
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml

Specifically, run Evo from the command line thus:

CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& evo.log

If you see anything odd (or if you don't understand what you're looking
at) try the Evolution list at

poc

Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Hiisi

On 11 April 2011 23:47, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:
<--SNIP-->

> Try tracing the connection activity. See
> http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml
>
> Specifically, run Evo from the command line thus:
>
> CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& evo.log
>
> If you see anything odd (or if you don't understand what you're looking
> at) try the Evolution list at
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
>
> poc

Thank you, Patrick. That is exactly what I was looking for. Will
continue my investigation and ask on evolution list.
Respectfully,