Old 04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Richard A Hogaboom

Default USB Samsung SCX-5530FN printer not recognized

Fedora versions previous to 14 recognized the SCX-5530FN. Since there
is no way to manually prod the system to load drivers, how to proceed?
If there were an option in the "Automatic Bug Reporting Tool" to first
enter the unrecognized printer model and then have the bug tool collect
all the necessary info and report it, this would be great.
--

Richard A Hogaboom
richard.hogaboom@gmail.com

Old 04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Tim Waugh

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 08:40 -0400, Richard A Hogaboom wrote:
> Fedora versions previous to 14 recognized the SCX-5530FN. Since there
> is no way to manually prod the system to load drivers, how to proceed?
> If there were an option in the "Automatic Bug Reporting Tool" to first
> enter the unrecognized printer model and then have the bug tool collect
> all the necessary info and report it, this would be great.

Please take a look at this page, which includes instructions on how to
collect the necessary information:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Printing/Debugging

Thanks,
Tim.
*/

Old 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

On 11/04/11 13:40, Richard A Hogaboom wrote:
> Fedora versions previous to 14 recognized the SCX-5530FN. Since there
> is no way to manually prod the system to load drivers, how to proceed?
> If there were an option in the "Automatic Bug Reporting Tool" to first
> enter the unrecognized printer model and then have the bug tool collect
> all the necessary info and report it, this would be great.

You can download the drivers from the Samsung website. You will need to
run the install script as root user, but once that's done it should
work. It certainly did for me and my ML-1910 USB printer.

regards

cpp4ever