Old 04-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Tom Horsley

Default documentation frustration

New fun game: What is the most underdocumented API in the
vast array of linux devel packages?

Having spent some time trying to write some code to
use the libgphoto2 library, I vote for it :-).

I'm currently installing debuginfo for libgphoto2 so
I can see if I can trace through the operation of
the gphoto2 program to observe which library calls
are used to perform which operations.

(Of course, this is today, if I get through this,
I'm going to want to figure out the video for linux
API, so it could have competition soon :-).

Old 04-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Digimer

On 04/09/2011 08:50 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> New fun game: What is the most underdocumented API in the
> vast array of linux devel packages?
>
> Having spent some time trying to write some code to
> use the libgphoto2 library, I vote for it :-).
>
> I'm currently installing debuginfo for libgphoto2 so
> I can see if I can trace through the operation of
> the gphoto2 program to observe which library calls
> are used to perform which operations.
>
> (Of course, this is today, if I get through this,
> I'm going to want to figure out the video for linux
> API, so it could have competition soon :-).

Keep notes, write the missing docs. It's the open-source way!

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com