Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM
AMRISH SONAWANE

Default Get access to my pictures and more

Title: Get access to my pictures and more

*
*

*
*
*

*

AMRISH SONAWANE

male - 25 years old

Maharashtra

6
*
friends

1
*
picture

*
*
Hi!

I have created a Netlog profile and would like to give you (users@lists.fedoraproject.org) access to my latest pictures and more.

*

Connect with AMRISH

*

Cheers,
AMRISH

*

*
*
*
*

*
*

*

Is the button above not displayed well?

Click here or paste the link below in the address bar of your browser.

http://en.netlog.com/go/mailurl/-bT0xNjg0NjE3Mjg2Jmw9MSZnbT0xMiZ1PSUyRmdvJTJGcmVnaX N0ZXIlMkZpZCUzRC1kWE5sY25OQWJHbHpkSE11Wm1Wa2IzSmhj SEp2YW1WamRDNXZjbWNfJTI2dWlkJTNEODczMTUxNDE_

Don't want to receive invitations from your friends anymore?

Click here
.

Netlog NV/SA - E. Braunplein 18. B-9000 Gent. Belgium.

BE0859635972 -

abuse-en@netlog.com

*

*
*

Old 04-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Joe Zeff

On 04/09/2011 11:36 AM, AMRISH SONAWANE wrote:
> I have created a Netlog profile and would like to give you

I've reported this lusing ID10T to the Netlog abuse department and I
hope that everybody else receiving his spam does the same.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Ed Greshko

On 04/10/2011 03:25 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 04/09/2011 11:36 AM, AMRISH SONAWANE wrote:
>> I have created a Netlog profile and would like to give you
> I've reported this lusing ID10T to the Netlog abuse department and I
> hope that everybody else receiving his spam does the same.

Don't be so rough on the guy....

If anything you should probably be complaining to the Netlog folks about
their practices. It is most likely that when people sign up for the
service it automatically sent out notices to everyone in their address
book to invite them. I've got plenty of emails from services like this
"from" friends when they blindly signed up and didn't read the fine print.

--
Do you guys know we just passed thru a BLACK HOLE in space? 葛斯克 愛德
華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Joe Zeff

On 04/09/2011 12:59 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> It is most likely that when people sign up for the
> service it automatically sent out notices to everyone in their address
> book to invite them.

In the words of the infamous Dr. T, "I, on the other hand, am inclined
to think *differently.*"[1] I've already received a reply from their
abuse department asking me for a link to his profile and a screenshot of
the message as received. Instead, I simply forwarded the spam to them
as received. If they were auto-spamming his address book or contact
list I wouldn't have received a reply at all, much less in under an hour.

[1]To get the full effect, imagine the quote in the voice of Hans Conried.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Ed Greshko

On 04/10/2011 04:28 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 04/09/2011 12:59 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> It is most likely that when people sign up for the
>> service it automatically sent out notices to everyone in their address
>> book to invite them.
> In the words of the infamous Dr. T, "I, on the other hand, am inclined
> to think *differently.*"[1] I've already received a reply from their
> abuse department asking me for a link to his profile and a screenshot of
> the message as received. Instead, I simply forwarded the spam to them
> as received. If they were auto-spamming his address book or contact
> list I wouldn't have received a reply at all, much less in under an hour.
>
> [1]To get the full effect, imagine the quote in the voice of Hans Conried.

http://en.netlog.com/go/helpdesk/view=question&faqid=397

If you register for their service, they ask you if you want to send out
invites to your friends. That is what the OP did without thinking of
the consequences....and what many people will do.

--
According to Microsoft, it's by design 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Joe Zeff

On 04/09/2011 01:39 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> If you register for their service, they ask you if you want to send out
> invites to your friends. That is what the OP did without thinking of
> the consequences....and what many people will do.

Yes, I see. However, their rapid response suggests that they don't take
such things lightly.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Ed Greshko

On 04/10/2011 04:55 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Yes, I see. However, their rapid response suggests that they don't take
> such things lightly.

That is what they'd like you to believe.

In many cases even those replies you get are automated. Or, their
"highly" trained staff gives canned responses.

Another point, in many cases the offer to send "invites" is buried in
the T&C's when you sign up. Then when you complain to them saying you
didn't ask for invites to be sent out, they tell you "Yes you did.
Didn't you read the service agreement?".

--
Do not overtax your powers. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Tim

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 06:34 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> in many cases the offer to send "invites" is buried in
> the T&C's when you sign up.

Along with a sign-up procedure that asks you to, "enter your hotmail
address and password," which most people stupidly do.

It really is a no-brainer to steal people's passwords and (not actually)
hack their account. You see that sort of thing on countless services.

You take a /bit/ of a risk giving services like Hotmail and Google your
other email addresses and passwords, so that they can "import your
contacts." You take a huge risk when you do the converse with random
websites.

Unfortunately, smartening up webservices so they didn't give out your
details, and your friends details, such as allowing a division of
addresses into friends and non-friends, or configuration options about
protecting your data, isn't going to help one iota, when people are
idiots.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Sanjith Warrier

Title: Get access to my pictures and more

*
*

*
*
*

*

Sanjith Warrier

male - 34 years old

Kerala

4
*
friends

*
*
Hi!

I have created a Netlog profile and would like to give you (fedora-games-list@redhat.com) access to my latest pictures and more.

*

Connect with Sanjith

*

Cheers,
Sanjith

*

*
*
*
*

*
*

*

http://en.netlog.com/go/mailurl/-bT0xNzM3MzIyMjgxJmw9MSZnbT0xMiZ1PSUyRmdvJTJGcmVnaX N0ZXIlMkZpZCUzRC1abVZrYjNKaExXZGhiV1Z6TFd4cGMzUkFj bVZrYUdGMExtTnZiUV9fJTI2dWlkJTNEMTExODMxODA_

Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM
"quantro"

Title: Get access to my pictures and more

*
*

*
*
*

*

quantro

male - 26 years old

Jakarta Raya

33
*
friends

*
*
Hi!

I have created a Netlog profile and would like to give you (edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com) access to my latest pictures and more.

*

Connect with quantro

*

Cheers,
quantro

*

*
*
*
*

*
*

*

http://en.netlog.com/go/mailurl/-bT0yODkzMjAzNjAzJmw9MSZnbT0xMiZ1PSUyRmdvJTJGcmVnaX N0ZXIlMkZpZCUzRC1aV1IxWW5WdWRIVXRaR1YyWld4QWJHbHpk SE11ZFdKMWJuUjFMbU52YlFfXyUyNnVpZCUzRDg1OTgwNzc1

Don't want to receive invitations from your friends anymore?

Click here
.

Massive Media NV - E. Braunplein 18. B-9000 Gent. Belgium.

BE0859635972 -

abuse-en@netlog.com

*

*