Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 PM
JD

Default Strange problem booting a current release mainline kernel under F14

Hi All,
I have uograded to F14 and all was well.

Because I was tracking a bug I had reported to bugzilla.kernel.org,
I was advised to see if I could replicate it in 2.6.38.2.

Well, I built that kernel and booted and was not able to replicate the bug,
so I assumed it was fixed in in 2.6.38.2.
So, I rebooted back into FC14's latest 2.6.35.11-83.

During bootup, (things scroll up the screen fast (as usual),

but then the screen is turned off and soon, all disk activity
stops, but power on computer remains on. No response
to keyboard or mouse.
All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Delete. and then power down.

Any suggestions how I can debug this problem so I can get to the bottom of it?