Old 04-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Ken Smith

Default FC13 PS2 Mouse/Keyboard stops working after a while

Hi,

I've seem problems like this reported in various forums. I have a i7
Asus MB system with FC13 x64 and I'm using a PS2 keyboard and mouse.
They are old but they work well.

After the machine has been running for around 10-15 mins all input from
the keyboard and mouse fails. The system keeps running, X updates, I can
ssh into the machine and if I plug in a USB mouse that works.

I have found that if I put the system into suspend or hibernate prior to
the failure then on return from hibernate or suspend the PS2
mouse/keyboard work for long periods as normal.

The problem is that I have some other hardware that does not work all
that well after suspend/hibernate and so I can have either that hardware
(M-Audio 1010) working and the mouse at risk of failing or the 1010 not
working.

Are there some diagnostic steps I could do. I have run the machine in
RL3 and the keyboard seams to stay working. So maybe this is an issue
with X. I'm using the nVidia binary blob driver but the problem was
there with the nouveau driver. Maybe the driver for the PS2 device is
suspect???

Any ideas?

Ken

believed to be clean.