Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Default I am new to Linux and Fedora. Am I safe when surfing the web with default Firewall setting? Can My Computer be hacked when the firewall is in the default setting?

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 21:27 +0530, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
> I am new to Linux and Fedora. Am I safe when surfing the web with
> default Firewall setting? Can My Computer be hacked when the firewall
> is in the default setting?
> I have no knowledge on configuring Firewalls

Most attacks on web browsers use poisoned Javascript or other HTML-based
vectors, which (in general terms) are not going to be prevented by
firewalls. You should of course use a firewall and the default settings
are a good start, but you might also want to consider installing
NoScript in your browser.

poc