Old 04-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Richard Shaw

Default Brasero has lost its mind!

I've had the problem for some time where after burning the CD/DVD
get's mounted and then Brasero gives an error saying it can't eject
the disk. It wasn't effecting the burns so I ignored it.

Today I tried to burn a CD ISO file (system rescue cd) and after a bad
burn I tried again. Now, even after a reboot, it calculates the
checksum and then ejects the blank disc.

Brasero has been buggy for me (and apparently others, I've found) for
a while. Shouldn't the default burning app for Gnome get a little more
attention?

Anyone else having issues?

I know I can install k3b but brasero should work and I don't like
having to install all the dependencies (i.e. half of KDE) just to burn
a disc.

Thanks,
Richard

Old 04-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Kalpa Welivitigoda

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had the problem for some time where after burning the CD/DVD
> get's mounted and then Brasero gives an error saying it can't eject
> the disk. It wasn't effecting the burns so I ignored it.
>
> Today I tried to burn a CD ISO file (system rescue cd) and after a bad
> burn I tried again. Now, even after a reboot, it calculates the
> checksum and then ejects the blank disc.
>
> Brasero has been buggy for me (and apparently others, I've found) for
> a while. Shouldn't the default burning app for Gnome get a little more
> attention?
>
> Anyone else having issues?
>
> I know I can install k3b but brasero should work and I don't like
> having to install all the dependencies (i.e. half of KDE) just to burn
> a disc.

I do also have issues with Brasero. So I moved to K3B. Yep there's a
lot of installation, yet it worth than working with Brasero sometimes.
Alternatively you can use cdrecord in terminal, it takes some effort
to read the man and get familiarized though.

> Thanks,
> Richard

Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda