Old 04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
JD

Default Bootable usb stick with the fedora install

On 04/02/2011 11:43 AM, mattias wrote:
> I try to follow a page on fedoraproject.org about how to create a usb stick
> with fedora installer on it
> But seems not to work
> My computer can boot from usb

Are you trying to put the Fedora ISO image on the USB so that you
can install it from USB?
Or are you trying to install Fedora on a USB so that you can boot
off USB and do your work or fun with it?

Please be more specific.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Zoltan Hoppar

Hi,

Can you explain witch page you talking about? Btw. I suggest look for
LiveUSB creator, and run it from most of the available OS-es. It
solves to you the task that you desire.

Cu,

Zoltan

2011/4/2 mattias <mj@mjw.se>:
> I try to follow a page on fedoraproject.org about how to create a usb stick
> with fedora installer on it
> But seems not to work
> My computer can boot from usb

PGP:* 06853DF7

Old 04-02-2011, 06:49 PM
"mattias"

Yes I try to put the installer on the stick
I do
Dd if=cdimage.iso of=/dev/sdb
Like the page says
I don't have the link now

Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 PM
"mattias"

Yes but because I'm are visually impaired I are not frends with live cds

Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Guilherme Patriota

Did you make a FAT16 filesystem and used mkdosfs to apply the filesystem on it?
Don't forget when using :
dd if=fedora.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=8M
to type /dev/sdX and not /dev/sdX1 or /dev/sdX2 etc.