Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 PM

Default Cant get networking working in Fedora14

I sent this several days ago, and it didnt make it to the list, Im trying
again.

--------------------

I am just now bringing up Fedora14 (Ive been running Fedora11).

Something has changed, since the way I have always done things to
bring up networking just doen't work.

I can setup
/etc/sysconfig/network

either by hand or using the system-config-network script, and everything
LOOKS ok, but I can not ping this machine from the outside, nor can I ping
from it to another machine on the same network.

The hardware is fine, since I have Knoppix running on the machine at the
moment (to verify that the machine and its cables were ok) and its
networking came up just fine.

So, what's changed between Fedora11 and Fedora14, other than setting
up the above files (or using system-config-network) what do I need to do???

Thanks in advance.
--
Reg.Clemens
reg@dwf.com

Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM
"compdoc"

> So, what's changed between Fedora11 and Fedora14,
>other than setting up the above files (or using
>system-config-network) what do I need to do???

Maybe selinux is blocking? Maybe the driver is changed?