Old 03-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Neil Bird

Default Mouse-wheel nudge left-right now generates key-presses, not buttons 6+7

Since upgrading to Fedora 14 from 12, I'm seeing my wheel-mouse
generating the *key* presses <Left> and <Right> instead of the expected
button clicks <button-6> and <button-7>.

This means that while it still works in, say, Firefox (where <Left> and
<Right> scroll the current view), and I can move my caret left and right
(!), it won't work anywhere else like it used to (e.g., directory tree views).

Any ideas how I can get the old functionality back?

# xorg.conf snippet
Section "InputDevice"
# generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/mouse"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

# /etc/sysconfig/mouse
FULLNAME="Generic - 3 Button Mouse (PS/2)"
MOUSETYPE="imps2"
XEMU3="no"
XMOUSETYPE="IMPS/2"
DEVICE=/dev/input/mice