Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM
mike lan

Default phpPgAdmin on Fedora 13

Hello every one,
I've installed php php-pgsql , phpPgAdmin, postgresql server on fedora 13,
running http://localhost/phpPgadmin gives me :

"Your PHP installation does not support PostgreSQL. you need to
recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option

how do I turn on postgresql php support ?

thanks taking time to reply

Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 AM
William Stock

I've installed php php-pgsql , phpPgAdmin, postgresql server on fedora 13,
running http://localhost/phpPgadmin gives me :

"Your PHP installation does not support PostgreSQL. you need to
recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option

how do I turn on postgresql php support ?

What part of <<you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option>> didn't you understand?

thanks taking time to reply

Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Craig White

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 06:20 -0400, William Stock wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 09:53 +0000, mike lan wrote:
> > Hello every one,
> > I've installed php php-pgsql , phpPgAdmin, postgresql server on fedora 13,
> > running http://localhost/phpPgadmin gives me :
> >
> > "Your PHP installation does not support PostgreSQL. you need to
> > recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option
> >
> > how do I turn on postgresql php support ?
> What part of <<you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql
> configure option>> didn't you understand?
----
I would expect that compiling PHP for postgresql is not required if you
install the php-pgsql package but restarting httpd (/sbin/service httpd
restart) would be required.

I'm just uncomfortable with 'which part do you not understand' smack
down knowing how difficult it is to recompile php and that the whole
point of modularizing various installation options is to make that
unnecessary.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 AM
mike lan

>> What part of <<you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option>> didn't you understand?

php packages are yum installed
I've looked at php.ini
and /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini files

extension=pgsql.so
is uncommented

but yet, I* get " you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option"

Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
mike lan

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 06:20 -0400, William Stock wrote:

> > On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 09:53 +0000, mike lan wrote:

> > Hello every one,

> > I've installed php php-pgsql , phpPgAdmin, postgresql server on fedora 13,

> > running http://localhost/phpPgadmin gives me :

> > "Your PHP installation does not support PostgreSQL. you need to

> > recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql configure option

> > how do I turn on postgresql php support ?

> What part of <<you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql

> configure option>> didn't you understand?

----

I would expect that compiling PHP for postgresql is not required if you

install the php-pgsql package but restarting httpd (/sbin/service httpd

restart) would be required.

I'm just uncomfortable with 'which part do you not understand' smack

down knowing how difficult it is to recompile php and that the whole

point of modularizing various installation options is to make that

unnecessary.

Craig

thanks graig
restarted httpd and still getting the same message " you need to recompile ..... "

*

Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
"Alan J. Gagne"

A quick search on google turned up a number of hits for this.
The first couple are for Fedora 12 and 14 but both are the almost same
directions.

One of these like it should work.

http://ciupu.elektroda.eu/?p=42
or
http://mfosn.wordpress.com/tag/phppgadmin/

Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Craig White

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 10:34 +0000, mike lan wrote:
> >> What part of <<you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql
> configure option>> didn't you understand?
>
> php packages are yum installed
> I've looked at php.ini
> and /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini files
> extension=pgsql.so
> is uncommented
>
> but yet, I get " you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql
> configure option"
----
file a bug against php

http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Bill Weinheimer

I concur.* I don't see why a*PHP install*would be database specific in any form or fashion.* I've run the traditional LAMP platform (PHP with MySQL) for years.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 10:34 +0000, mike lan wrote:
> >> What part of <<you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql
> configure option>> didn't you understand?
>

> php packages are yum installed
> I've looked at php.ini
> and /etc/php.d/pgsql.ini files
> extension=pgsql.so
> is uncommented
>
> but yet, I *get " you need to recompile PHP using the --with-pgsql

> configure option"
----
file a bug against php

http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Ted Roche

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:38 AM, mike lan <lan.mike88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello every one,
> I've installed php php-pgsql , phpPgAdmin, postgresql server on fedora 13,
>
> thanks graig
> restarted httpd and still getting the same message " you need to recompile
> ..... "

Forgive me if you assumed we'd understand you had done this, but:

Have you configured the Postgres server using the pg_hba.conf file?

You need to configure the server, then use the initdb script to
generate the initial databases, then start the server.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC