Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 AM
"antonio.montagnani@alice.it"

Default R: Plotter Hp Designjet T770

"Community support for Fedora users"<users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
>Ogg: Re:
Plotter Hp Designjet T770

>On 03/30/2011 10:08 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:

>> if fails to print the test page from Fedora printer window: not sure, I

have to check later, it says unsupported format or alike.

>OK. we presume
then that the printer's known to be working and that
>hardware problems aren't
an issue. If nothing else, we've eliminated
>one possibility.
>--
>users

the plotter has no hardware issues, as it has been printing for years, and
I have no network issues as I can print on other networked printers
When I try
to print I read on the plotter screen: unable to manage unknow file format...

Fedora finds the following driver:
HP Designjet T770ps 44in

I was not able to
find the plotter in the openprinting database
I am confused :-)

How to debug
it???

Antonio

Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Tim Waugh

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 09:08 +0200, antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:
> Fedora finds the following driver:
> HP Designjet T770ps 44in

That's HP own PostScript-based driver. However, from the look of the
specifications it actually speaks HP-GL/2 natively but not PostScript.
Perhaps there is an optional PostScript module for that printer?

Tim.
*/