Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM
antonio montagnani

Default Plotter Hp Designjet T770

Has anybody succeeded to print on a networked printer (Designjet T770),
that is easily recognized on the network, but it fails to print also the
test page??
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F14 (Laughlin) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
www.campingmonterosa.com
www.studiodacolpaloschi.it

Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Joe Zeff

On 03/30/2011 02:04 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Has anybody succeeded to print on a networked printer (Designjet T770),
> that is easily recognized on the network, but it fails to print also the
> test page??

Just to clarify: does it fail to print a test page when you install it
as a printer on your computer or does it fail to print a test page when
you push whatever buttons on the printer are supposed to make it run a
self test? I'm almost sure you mean the first, but as written it's a
tad ambiguous.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:08 AM
antonio montagnani

Joe Zeff ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on 30/03/2011 23:24:
> On 03/30/2011 02:04 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> Has anybody succeeded to print on a networked printer (Designjet T770),
>> that is easily recognized on the network, but it fails to print also the
>> test page??
>
> Just to clarify: does it fail to print a test page when you install it
> as a printer on your computer or does it fail to print a test page when
> you push whatever buttons on the printer are supposed to make it run a
> self test? I'm almost sure you mean the first, but as written it's a
> tad ambiguous.

if fails to print the test page from Fedora printer window: not sure, I
have to check later, it says unsupported format or alike.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM
Joe Zeff

On 03/30/2011 10:08 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
> if fails to print the test page from Fedora printer window: not sure, I
> have to check later, it says unsupported format or alike.

OK. we presume then that the printer's known to be working and that
hardware problems aren't an issue. If nothing else, we've eliminated
one possibility.