Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Richard Shaw

Default Convert to OGV.

2011/3/30 Lázaro Morales <lazaro@frioclima.com.cu>:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone recommend me an application for convert any video file (.avi,
> .mpeg, ...) to OGG or OGV video file? and, Is this application available
> in the Fedora Official Repo?

I like Handbrake[1] for converting videos for my Android phone. It's
not in a repo as far as I know but they have builds for Fedora 14 on
their homepage.

Avidemux would work as well and its available through RPMFusion. For
me the audio sometimes gets out of sync for mpeg source files.

Richard

[1] http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Lázaro Morales

Hello,

Can someone recommend me an application for convert any video file (.avi,
.mpeg, ...) to OGG or OGV video file? and, Is this application available
in the Fedora Official Repo?

Thanks in advance.

Best regard,
Lázaro.

Este mensaje de correo electrónico ha sido procesado por el servidor de Frioclima

Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Sven Aluoor

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like Handbrake[1] for converting videos for my Android phone. It's
> not in a repo as far as I know but they have builds for Fedora 14 on
> their homepage.

ffmpeg and mencoder (classic CLI tools) are in official repositories.
Google for HTML5 video and ffmpeg and you will find turorials.

cheers Sven

Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Sven Aluoor

More user friendly tool is "ffmpeg2theora". It's available in third-party repo
http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=ffmpeg2theora&search_on=smart&distro=0&ar ch=32-bit&exact=0

cheers Sven

Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Lázaro Morales

Thanks Richard, is just what I needed.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Lázaro Morales

Thanks Sven, I will try with this tools too.