Old 03-30-2011, 02:03 AM

Default Can't get networking working in Fedora14

I am just now bringing up Fedora14 (Ive been running Fedora11).

Something has changed, since the way I have always done things to
bring up networking just doen't work.

I can setup
/etc/sysconfig/network

either by hand or using the system-config-network script, and everything
LOOKS ok, but I can not ping this machine from the outside, nor can I ping
from it to another machine on the same network.

The hardware is fine, since I have Knoppix running on the machine at the
moment (to verify that the machine and its cables were ok) and its
networking came up just fine.

So, what's changed between Fedora11 and Fedora14, other than setting
up the above files (or using system-config-network) what do I need to do???

Thanks in advance.
--
Reg.Clemens
reg@dwf.com

Old 03-30-2011, 02:27 AM
bruce

are you running networkmanager as well?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Aaron Konstam

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 20:03 -0600, reg@dwf.com wrote:
> I am just now bringing up Fedora14 (Ive been running Fedora11).
>
> Something has changed, since the way I have always done things to
> bring up networking just doen't work.
>
> I can setup
> /etc/sysconfig/network
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> either by hand or using the system-config-network script, and everything
> LOOKS ok, but I can not ping this machine from the outside, nor can I ping
> from it to another machine on the same network.
>
> The hardware is fine, since I have Knoppix running on the machine at the
> moment (to verify that the machine and its cables were ok) and its
> networking came up just fine.
>
> So, what's changed between Fedora11 and Fedora14, other than setting
> up the above files (or using system-config-network) what do I need to do???
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Reg.Clemens
> reg@dwf.com

Bruce's question is relevant. Are you running network which supports the
configuration you are doing? If so you should not be running
networkmanager, But that is the same situation as FC11. I have run both
F11 and F14 and the networking configuration is the same.