Old 03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Michael Liendl

Default Blurred Font Fedora 14

Dear Community,

Today I switched from Ubuntu 10.10 to Fedora 14 and overall I am very
happy with it. But there is one annoying issue: The font. Unlike on
Ubuntu - where the fonts always were sharp/clear with smoothed edges
(just perfectly readable) - fonts on Fedora look very blurred. Is
there any possibility to solve this issue? I have already tried a lot
of preferences regarding the font antialiasing.

Sincerely,

--
Michael Liendl

Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
JB

Michael Liendl <michaelliendl <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Community,
>
> Today I switched from Ubuntu 10.10 to Fedora 14 and overall I am very
> happy with it. But there is one annoying issue: The font. Unlike on
> Ubuntu - where the fonts always were sharp/clear with smoothed edges
> (just perfectly readable) - fonts on Fedora look very blurred. Is
> there any possibility to solve this issue? I have already tried a lot
> of preferences regarding the font antialiasing.
>
> Sincerely,

Firstly, install if needed Liberation fonts:
# yum install "liberation*"

then configure your system and apps where explicitly appropriate for
Liberation Mono|Sans|Serif fonts.

With right-click desktop to select Change Desktop Background and Fonts,
accept the defaults there (you may play a little and immediatelly verify
the look of fonts, if you wish).
That's all you need.

Secondly, no need for any additional system or home dir fonts config files.

Log out and in.

JB