Old 03-29-2011, 10:46 AM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

Default Why only unstable Chromium?

Hi Tom,
I have been using Chromium from your repo for some time now and it was
great so far, but lately (since F14) I notices more and more crashes.
Now I see that Chromium is based on unstable beta Chrome 11 core while
there is no Chromium package based on stable Chrome 10 version.

I tried running Chrome 10 for last few days and had zero page crashed
while using same pages with Chromium 11 I get constant page crashes.

I would like to ask if it is possible to rebase Chromium package on
stable version of Chrome 10.

Thank you,
Valent.

--
follow me - www.twitter.com/valentt & http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
linux, anime, spirituality, wireless, scuba, linuxmce smart home, zwave

Old 03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM, valent.turkovic@gmail.com
<valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> I have been using Chromium from your repo for some time now and it was
> great so far, but lately (since F14) I notices more and more crashes.
> Now I see that Chromium is based on unstable beta Chrome 11 core while
> there is no Chromium package based on stable Chrome 10 version.
>
> I tried running Chrome 10 for last few days and had zero page crashed
> while using same pages with Chromium 11 I get constant page crashes.
>
> I would like to ask if it is possible to rebase Chromium package on
> stable version of Chrome 10.
>
> Thank you,
> Valent.

I have tested since yesterday Chrome 7,8,9 and 10 and they all work
really stable while Chromium 11 is really crashy
Any chance you replace Chromium 11 package with stable version 10?

Thanks.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Steven Stern

On 03/30/2011 09:11 AM, valent.turkovic@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM, valent.turkovic@gmail.com
> <valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>> I have been using Chromium from your repo for some time now and it was
>> great so far, but lately (since F14) I notices more and more crashes.
>> Now I see that Chromium is based on unstable beta Chrome 11 core while
>> there is no Chromium package based on stable Chrome 10 version.
>>
>> I tried running Chrome 10 for last few days and had zero page crashed
>> while using same pages with Chromium 11 I get constant page crashes.
>>
>> I would like to ask if it is possible to rebase Chromium package on
>> stable version of Chrome 10.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Valent.
>
> I have tested since yesterday Chrome 7,8,9 and 10 and they all work
> really stable while Chromium 11 is really crashy
> Any chance you replace Chromium 11 package with stable version 10?
>
> Thanks.

If you want the stable version, use the official Chrome repo. The RPM
at this link will install Chrome-stable and the repo for future updates.

http://bit.ly/fWl2aC

--
-- Steve

Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Steven Stern
<subscribed-lists@sterndata.com> wrote:
> On 03/30/2011 09:11 AM, valent.turkovic@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM, valent.turkovic@gmail.com
>> <valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Tom,
>>> I have been using Chromium from your repo for some time now and it was
>>> great so far, but lately (since F14) I notices more and more crashes.
>>> Now I see that Chromium is based on unstable beta Chrome 11 core while
>>> there is no Chromium package based on stable Chrome 10 version.
>>>
>>> I tried running Chrome 10 for last few days and had zero page crashed
>>> while using same pages with Chromium 11 I get constant page crashes.
>>>
>>> I would like to ask if it is possible to rebase Chromium package on
>>> stable version of Chrome 10.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Valent.
>>
>> I have tested since yesterday Chrome 7,8,9 and 10 and they all work
>> really stable while Chromium 11 is really crashy
>> Any chance you replace Chromium 11 package with stable version 10?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> If you want the stable version, use the official Chrome repo. *The RPM
> at this link will install Chrome-stable and the repo for future updates.
>
> http://bit.ly/fWl2aC

Until Chrome changes their licence it is unlegal to redistribute
Chrome I'm looking for redistributable version so Chromium is only
legal way to do so.

Cheers,
Valent.