Old 03-25-2011, 06:30 PM
grzebia

Default KDE problem on Lenovo R61

Hi all!

I am facing a problem with Qt, i guess, on Lenovo R61.
What the problem?

When I install KDE, it is almost not usable. When I run some app it is
starting in short time, and it working fine. But after minimization it
to tray/panel, and trying to maximize it, I have to wait for 2-3 sec
until whole window is drawn on the screen. Sometimes it border appears
at the end, sometimes whole window looks like it was cut from desktop or
other window, and after 2-3 sec it is usable.
My machine isn't monster of speed, so I tried:
-disable desktop effects - no difference
-change windows decorations - no difference
-disable kwin, enable compiz instead - no difference

What is strange: when I run some QT apps on gnome, I have the same
problems and few more (wind is not refreshing, context menu isn't
displayed properly)

I have:
2,5 GB of RAM
nVidia G84M [Quadro NVS 148M]
Intel core 2 Duo 2,1 Ghz
Fedora 14
KDE 4.5
2.6.34.7-66 kernel
nVidia 173xx driver

But I think that kernel driver isn't a case here, I have this problem
since 2 years, but now I am really eager to resolve it.

Gnome is working smoothly, i am using it every day. I wanted to try some
other distro to check it is Fedora specific problem, but I have to many
data on this computer to check this

Some one have similar problem on this hardware configuration and
resolved it?

--
Best regards
grzebia

Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
dexter

On 25 March 2011 19:30, grzebia <grzebia gmail.com> wrote:
> Gnome is working smoothly, i am using it every day. I wanted to try some
> other distro to check it is Fedora specific problem, but I have to many
> data on this computer to check this

Boot from kde live media and see if you can reproduce the same
problems if so report against kernel sluggish behaviour.
I fink F15 alpha was out the other day try it.

...dex

Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 PM
grzebia

W 26.03.2011 15:31, dexter wrote:

> Boot from kde live media and see if you can reproduce the same
> problems if so report against kernel sluggish behaviour.
> I fink F15 alpha was out the other day try it.
>
> ...dex

I will try this approach, but I have this problem since F12

--
Best Regards
grzebia