Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 AM
suvayu ali

Default Firefox 4 ?

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM, jarmo <oh1mrr@nic.fi> wrote:
> suvayu ali kirjoitti keskiviikko, 4. toukokuuta 2011 01:27:51:
>
>> there any preference among the two? I don't recall receiving any
> updates
>> from that repo. So I was wondering which is more up to date? Or
> has
>> there been no updates to firefox4 since its release?
>
>> Thanks
>
> I have Remi's package in use and version is 4.0.1.

My version from Tom's repo is 4.0-2. I guess that means Remi's repo is
more up to date. Thanks a lot.

> Jarmo

Suvayu

Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

On 05/02/2011 08:21 AM, Tony Foster wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 08:43 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
>> On 03/24/2011 08:04 AM, Jim wrote:
>>> When will Firefox 4 be coming to Fedora 14 ?
>> It works very well. Download from mozilla.org and put it in ~/firefox.
>> Run it from there and set it to be your default browser and that's that.
>>
>> --
>> -- Steve
> When I unpacked the download none of the shell files were executable.
> I assume that I need to add executable permission to some of the
> executable files to run from home directory?

Did anyone figure out how to make the refresh &
Bookmark-v icons appear permanently, instead of
disappearing or hiding underneath the URL? I tried
everything I could and both of these icons wants to
hide itself once customization was completed by
pressing "Done". I even created a new toolbar,
moved these icons therein, and that does not work either.

Another one of these 'smart' moves ends up confusing
the heck out of users...

Old 05-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Konstantin Svist

On 05/04/2011 11:52 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Did anyone figure out how to make the refresh&
> Bookmark-v icons appear permanently, instead of
> disappearing or hiding underneath the URL? I tried
> everything I could and both of these icons wants to
> hide itself once customization was completed by
> pressing "Done". I even created a new toolbar,
> moved these icons therein, and that does not work either.
>
> Another one of these 'smart' moves ends up confusing
> the heck out of users...

The Stop & Refresh buttons are "magic" in that they merge if Stop is
placed right behind Reload. Also, if Reload is placed right after the
location bar, they both will collapse INTO the location bar and merge
with the Go button.
To prevent both behaviors, just swap the positions of Stop and Reload
and they shouldn't hide anymore. Or add a separator -- it should do the
same thing.
Not sure about bookmarks button; I prefer to use the bookmark toolbar

Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

On 05/04/2011 12:38 PM, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> On 05/04/2011 11:52 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>> Did anyone figure out how to make the refresh&
>> Bookmark-v icons appear permanently, instead of
>> disappearing or hiding underneath the URL? I tried
>> everything I could and both of these icons wants to
>> hide itself once customization was completed by
>> pressing "Done". I even created a new toolbar,
>> moved these icons therein, and that does not work either.
>>
>> Another one of these 'smart' moves ends up confusing
>> the heck out of users...
> The Stop & Refresh buttons are "magic" in that they merge if Stop is
> placed right behind Reload. Also, if Reload is placed right after the
> location bar, they both will collapse INTO the location bar and merge
> with the Go button.
> To prevent both behaviors, just swap the positions of Stop and Reload
> and they shouldn't hide anymore. Or add a separator -- it should do the
> same thing.
> Not sure about bookmarks button; I prefer to use the bookmark toolbar

I did all of that, swapping, separators, moved into a separate
toolbar, etc. Nothing worked.

I read the complaints @ Mozilla over these issues before
I posted.. and none of the suggestions worked. So, I reverted
back to the previous FF version. I will wait for FF to get more
tested before I attempt to use it again.