Old 03-24-2011, 12:38 AM
"James M. Leddy"

Default Firefox 4.0 for F14 x86_64

Only thing I had to edit from the f14 rpms was the false dependcy for
0.7 libnotify. Let me know if I forgot any deps, but I think all it is
is xulrunner and firefox:

http://people.redhat.com/jleddy/firefox4/

--
James M. Leddy
Technical Account Manager

Old 03-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Remi Collet

Le 24/03/2011 02:38, James M. Leddy a écrit :
> Only thing I had to edit from the f14 rpms was the false dependcy for
> 0.7 libnotify. Let me know if I forgot any deps, but I think all it is
> is xulrunner and firefox:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/jleddy/firefox4/

Why another one ... ?

spot [1] already provides a "firefox4" (parallel install)
and I [2] already provides a "firefox" (replace standard)

And xulrunner-2.0 is probably a bad idea for f14
(except if you also want to rebuild all package which use it)

Remi.

[1] http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/
[2] http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2011/03/22/Firefox-4-en

Old 03-24-2011, 02:05 PM
James Leddy

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Remi Collet <Fedora@famillecollet.com> wrote:
> Le 24/03/2011 02:38, James M. Leddy a écrit :
>> Only thing I had to edit from the f14 rpms was the false dependcy for
>> 0.7 libnotify. Let me know if I forgot any deps, but I think all it is
>> is xulrunner and firefox:
>>
>> http://people.redhat.com/jleddy/firefox4/
>>

> Why another one ... ?
>
> spot [1] already provides a "firefox4" (parallel install)
> and I [2] already provides a "firefox" (replace standard)

No reason, I wasn't aware that it had already been done.

> And xulrunner-2.0 is probably a bad idea for f14
> (except if you also want to rebuild all package which use it)

True. This is only applicable to my case, Firefox is the only binary
that uses it.