Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Joel Rees

Default recovering from the unthinkable

The excuse: Trying to get all my precious files from the usb drive
after 10:00 PM.

So, is anyone willing me to remind me of the name of the program that
goes searching through a drive that has been the victim of the old rm
-f and re-constructs the file system? I'm pretty sure I've used it
before, when I lost an lvm volume once.

Can't remember what it was called, and searching via google for "disk
recovery tools" now returns a whole lot of links I sure wouldn't want
to trust.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Tom Horsley

> Can't remember what it was called, and searching via google for "disk
> recovery tools" now returns a whole lot of links I sure wouldn't want
> to trust.

I never used it, but I've seen a pointer to this in the fedora list
before:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Terry Horsnell

On 23/03/2011 14:28, Joel Rees wrote:
> The excuse: Trying to get all my precious files from the usb drive
> after 10:00 PM.
>
> So, is anyone willing me to remind me of the name of the program that
> goes searching through a drive that has been the victim of the old rm
> -f and re-constructs the file system? I'm pretty sure I've used it
> before, when I lost an lvm volume once.
>
> Can't remember what it was called, and searching via google for "disk
> recovery tools" now returns a whole lot of links I sure wouldn't want
> to trust.
Try googling for 'linux undelete' instead. Shows up lots of useful stuff.

Cheers,
Terry.