-   -   Can't use setkeycodes any more in Fedora 14 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/504563-cant-use-setkeycodes-any-more-fedora-14-a.html)

Neil Bird 03-23-2011 08:04 AM

Can't use setkeycodes any more in Fedora 14

I have a not-that-old Logitech multimedia keyboard for which I have to
manually add some scancode-keycode mappings. Up till F12, I could happily
do that with a call to setkeycodes at boot-up.

Now I've updated to F14, however, setkeycodes is always erring with:

KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 94 to keycode 189

[numbers e.g.]

FWIW, getkeycodes seems to report an empty table (although this might be
correct if no extra settings have been applied):

Plain scancodes xx (hex) versus keycodes (dec)

0x00: 0 - - - - - - -
0x08: - - - - - - - -
0x10: - - - - - - - -
0x18: - - - - - - - -
0x20: - - - - - - - -
0x28: - - - - - - - -
0x30: - - - - - - - -
0x38: - - - - - - - -
0x40: - - - - - - - -
0x48: - - - - - - - -
0x50: - - - - - - - -
0x58: - - - - - - - -
0x60: - - - - - - - -
0x68: - - - - - - - -
0x70: - - - - - - - -
0x78: - - - - - - - -

Escaped scancodes e0 xx (hex)

e0 00: - - - - - - - -
e0 08: - - - - - - - -
e0 10: - - - - - - - -
e0 18: - - - - - - - -
e0 20: - - - - - - - -
e0 28: - - - - - - - -
e0 30: - - - - - - - -
e0 38: - - - - - - - -
e0 40: - - - - - - - -
e0 48: - - - - - - - -
e0 50: - - - - - - - -
e0 58: - - - - - - - -
e0 60: - - - - - - - -
e0 68: - - - - - - - -
e0 70: - - - - - - - -
e0 78: - - - - - - - -

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature

JB 03-23-2011 09:21 AM

Can't use setkeycodes any more in Fedora 14

Neil Bird <neil <at> fnxweb.com> writes:

This will help you move forward:
Bugzilla search: setkeycodes

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&
order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__all__&product=Fe dora&content=setkeycodes

File a bug report in Bugzilla and you will get answer, perhaps the same day.

Of interest, outputs from:

$ strace -o setkeycodes.log setkeycodes ...
$ strace -o getkeycodes.log getkeycodes

JB