Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Paul Morgan

Default Having trouble connecting to google and youtube

On Mar 22, 2011 4:28 PM, "JD" <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using firefox-3.6.15-1.fc13.i686

> I can connect to just about any site except

> google and youtube.

> I checked my firewall - I am not blocking any

> outgoing traffic, and certainly not blocking

> traffic specifically from either google or youtube.

> What linux tool is there that will help me diagnose the problem?

I'd use wireshark.

it'll help to inspect the packet contents to see if you're establishing any type of connection, including dns.

-paul

Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
JB

JD <jd1008 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Using firefox-3.6.15-1.fc13.i686
> I can connect to just about any site except
> google and youtube.
> I checked my firewall - I am not blocking any
> outgoing traffic, and certainly not blocking
> traffic specifically from either google or youtube.
>
> What linux tool is there that will help me diagnose the problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> JD

Do you have a dns cache server ?
if yes, clear the cache.

dig fqdn
dig ipaddr

Do you have IPv6 enabled ?
Try to disable it and see.

Firefox:
about:config ---------> ipv6
add-on/extension blocking some traffic type, websites ?
network config - proxy config

Do you have external (to Firefox) proxies, filters (squid, privoxy, etc)

JB

Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 AM
edik landave

Before what JB said:

iptables -F

and test. If it works then you know is one of your rules.
You didn't say what error "connecting" you have specifically. Can you
see the site and are unable to play the movies? If so install flash.
Just install the rpm from the Adobe site. If you just can't get to
those sites then follow JB's advice.