-   -   LXDM themes? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/504331-lxdm-themes.html)

Richard Shaw 03-22-2011 04:44 PM

LXDM themes?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Jake Peavy <djstunks@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey all,
>
> I recently installed the LXDE spin of F14 and the login screen is hideous.
> I've done a bunch of Googling but haven't found much constructive on other
> themes other than Industrial.
>
> I don't know much about LXDM, can someone point me in the right direction?
> I just want a very basic login screen, with no bubble writing and a solid
> background, although I do like being able to choose username from the list.

You may already know this but you can use any DM that you want. I
haven't checked up on LXDE development in a while but they didn't
always have a DM so its appearance may be due to it's relative
newness. I use GDM on my EEEPC and MythTV box for that reason.

Richard

Christoph Wickert 03-22-2011 05:00 PM

LXDM themes?

Am Dienstag, den 22.03.2011, 10:42 -0600 schrieb Jake Peavy:
> hey all,
>
> I recently installed the LXDE spin of F14 and the login screen is
> hideous. I've done a bunch of Googling but haven't found much
> constructive on other themes other than Industrial.
>
> I don't know much about LXDM, can someone point me in the right
> direction? I just want a very basic login screen, with no bubble
> writing and a solid background, although I do like being able to
> choose username from the list.

I am not aware of any LXDM themes other than Industrial and the one that
Ubuntu ships. I am thinking about to do a Fedora one for F-15.

Theming LXDM is pretty easy. You can set the wallpaper
in /etc/lxdm.conf. The themes itself are glade files, you can edit them
with glade3.Take /usr/share/lxdm/themes/Industrial/greeter.ui as a
starting point.

Regards,
Christoph