Old 03-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Luc MAIGNAN

Default VirtualBox multi cpu

Hi,

I use VirtualBox on a RHEL5 with 24 cores (6 x4-cores processors).
But it seems like only one or two processors are used. How can I
configure VirtualBox and/or my virtual machine to allow it to use all
processors ?

Best regards

Luc
RHCE

Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Joe Zeff

On 03/22/2011 08:57 AM, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> I use VirtualBox on a RHEL5 with 24 cores (6 x4-cores processors).
> But it seems like only one or two processors are used. How can I
> configure VirtualBox and/or my virtual machine to allow it to use all
> processors ?

I'm no expert on such things, but I'm not sure you want to give the
virtual machine access to all 24 cores. It might be better to leave one
or two dedicated to running the underlying OS. Still, you certainly
should be able to get more than one or two cores into the act. I'll be
interested in seeing the suggestions from the more knowledgeable members
of this list.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Genes MailLists

> On 03/22/2011 08:57 AM, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> I use VirtualBox on a RHEL5 with 24 cores (6 x4-cores processors).
> But it seems like only one or two processors are used. How can I
> configure VirtualBox and/or my virtual machine to allow it to use all
> processors ?

Before you start running the VM.

Click on the VM - choose settings->system

Move the slider for how many CPU's you want to allocate to the VM.

gene/