Old 03-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Ralf Corsepius

Default How to compile a soft same as the version realeased by fedora?

On 03/20/2011 11:57 AM, GeeKer Wang wrote:
> So, there must be other reasons.
>
> My version gets a XLIB problem.
Nobody but you knows "your version", so nobody will be able to help.

> When I run "osgview cow.osg", the window is
> transparent.
> I must execute "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1" before it becoms normal.
Seems as if you are facing a GL problem.

> However, it runs really slow comparing to fedora-repo version.
What is your version? How does it differ from the Fedora version?

Why do you rebuild it at all?

Ralf

P.S.: I am the Fedora OSG package maintainer.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
JD

On 03/20/2011 03:28 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 03/20/2011 11:09 AM, GeeKer Wang wrote:
>> Thanks,
>> I tried it as you said,
>> cd rpmbuild/SPEC
>> rpmbuild -bb OpenSceneGraph.spec
>>
>> the total size of this version is 2.7G, a little smaller than previous-built
>> version but much larger than fedora-repo version.
>> Maybe it's -g option that matters,
> No.
>
>> but does -g affect the efficiency?
Why don't you try to remove the -g from the rpmrc and just keep -O2
and retry?
>> The
>> frame rate is still 10-, while the fedora-repo version has a frame rate of
>> 40.
>>
>> And my version has some problem with XLIB, while the fedora-repo doesn't.
Can you please elaborate what you mean by "problems".
Please be more specific, such as error messages, ...etc.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM
JD

On 03/20/2011 03:57 AM, GeeKer Wang wrote:
> So, there must be other reasons.
>
> My version gets a XLIB problem. When I run "osgview cow.osg", the
> window is transparent.
> I must execute "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1" before it becoms normal.
>
> However, it runs really slow comparing to fedora-repo version.
I will try to build it.
Will let you know.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
JD

On 03/20/2011 03:57 AM, GeeKer Wang wrote:
> So, there must be other reasons.
>
> My version gets a XLIB problem. When I run "osgview cow.osg", the
> window is transparent.
> I must execute "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1" before it becoms normal.
>
> However, it runs really slow comparing to fedora-repo version.
OpenSceneGraph.i686 0:2.8.2-7.fc13
depends on:
OpenThreads-2.8.2-7.fc13.i686 1/4
Inventor-2.1.5-38.fc13.i686 2/4
OpenSceneGraph-libs-2.8.2-7.fc13.i686 3/4
OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2-7.fc13.i686

Do you have all these dependencies installed and are they all of the
required version?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM
JD

On 03/20/2011 03:57 AM, GeeKer Wang wrote:
> So, there must be other reasons.
>
> My version gets a XLIB problem. When I run "osgview cow.osg", the
> window is transparent.
> I must execute "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1" before it becoms normal.
>
> However, it runs really slow comparing to fedora-repo version.

Also, have you tried to:
yum -y install mingw32-OpenSceneGraph

Old 03-20-2011, 05:17 PM
stan

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:09:16 +0800
GeeKer Wang <wwthunan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks,
> I tried it as you said,
> cd rpmbuild/SPEC
> rpmbuild -bb OpenSceneGraph.spec
>
> the total size of this version is 2.7G, a little smaller than
> previous-built version but much larger than fedora-repo version.
> Maybe it's -g option that matters, but does -g affect the efficiency?
> The frame rate is still 10-, while the fedora-repo version has a
> frame rate of 40.
>
> And my version has some problem with XLIB, while the fedora-repo
> doesn't.

Sorry, you are asking questions that are beyond my knowledge level.
Actually, I've learned a lot through this thread. I would refer you to
these excellent responses in the list archives. They describe how to
get exactly the binary that Fedora releases. But then, if that is what
you want, why not just use the Fedora binary?

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-March/394062.html

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-March/394086.html

Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Ralf Corsepius

On 03/20/2011 07:16 PM, JD wrote:
> On 03/20/2011 03:57 AM, GeeKer Wang wrote:
>> So, there must be other reasons.
>>
>> My version gets a XLIB problem. When I run "osgview cow.osg", the
>> window is transparent.
>> I must execute "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1" before it becoms normal.
>>
>> However, it runs really slow comparing to fedora-repo version.
>>

> Also, have you tried to:
> yum -y install mingw32-OpenSceneGraph

This package contains support files for a
Fedora->mingw32 cross-toolchain.

It's not related to OSG on Fedora at all.

Ralf

Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Rex Dieter

GeeKer Wang wrote:

> Hi, guys
> I tried to compile OpenSceneGraph-2.8.3-3.fc14.rpm software, and got a
> low efficient and large version of it. But the version from fedora-repo
> works well.
> eg. my version with frame rate < 10, while fedora-repo version with frame
> rate ~=40.
>
> I have tried three ways:
> 1. configure && make
> 2. ccmake && make
> 3. rpmbuild --recompile OpenSceneGraph-2.8.3-3.fc14.src.rpm
> They resulted the same anyway. Especially, the rpmbuld way took 3G+ disk
> space, each .so file is much larger and each application is slower. It's
> realy strange to me. I use the gcc/g++ 4.5.1 under fedora 14.
>
> So where the differences come from? Or where are the special places in
> fedora's compiling environment? Any advice will be appreciated, thx.

3 is the way to go, I'd venture you didn't have redhat-rpm-config installed,
so it used slightly different compiler flags and didn't generate a separate
-debuginfo pkg (ie, why it was so much bigger).

-- Rex

Old 03-22-2011, 12:23 PM
GeeKer Wang

I believe there must be something related to the compiling procesure.Because two versions works different on the same platform.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM, JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:

On 03/20/2011 03:57 AM, GeeKer Wang wrote:

> So, there must be other reasons.

> My version gets a XLIB problem. When I run "osgview cow.osg", the

> window is transparent.

> I must execute "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1" before it becoms normal.

> However, it runs really slow comparing to fedora-repo version.

I will try to build it.

Will let you know.

Bob

Old 03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
GeeKer Wang

Of course I haveInventor-2.1.5-39.fc14OpenThreads-2.8.3-3.fc14OpenSceneGraph-libs-2.8.3-3.fc14OpenSceneGraph-2.8.3-3.fc14