Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Luc MAIGNAN

Default CPU utilization

Hi,

I want to see and/or monitor cpu utilization. I have a server that have
24 processors (6 processor x 4 core).

top only gives me global information for cpu, not per cpu (and core)

Is there a tool or a way to have these informations ?

BR

Luc
RHCE

Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Judith Flo Gaya

Hi,

using top you can have the utilization of each cpu, you just need to
press 1 (the number 1) and then the top will unfold cpu usage.

Hopee this helps,

--
Judith Flo Gaya
Systems Administrator IMPPC

Institut de Medicina Predictiva i Personalitzada del Càncer
Crta Can Ruti, Camí de les Escoles s/n
08916 Badalona, Barcelona,
Spain
http://www.imppc.org

Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Suvayu Ali

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:02:27 +0100
Luc MAIGNAN <luc.maignan@winxpert.com> wrote:

> top only gives me global information for cpu, not per cpu (and core)
>
> Is there a tool or a way to have these informations ?

atop or htop?

--
Suvayu

Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 03:29 -0700, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:02:27 +0100
> Luc MAIGNAN <luc.maignan@winxpert.com> wrote:
>
> > top only gives me global information for cpu, not per cpu (and core)
> >
> > Is there a tool or a way to have these informations ?
>
> atop or htop?
>
> --
> Suvayu

System Monitor [Applications->Sytem Tools-> System Monitor] will do
that and much more.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Luc MAIGNAN

Hi,

to answer to both :

I 'm not using Fedora but RHEL 5, and no package is available
including atop or htop
Like a server, it runs under level 3 not 5, so I need a
command line tool

Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Phil Meyer

On 03/15/2011 03:02 AM, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to see and/or monitor cpu utilization. I have a server that have
> 24 processors (6 processor x 4 core).
>
> top only gives me global information for cpu, not per cpu (and core)
>
> Is there a tool or a way to have these informations ?
>
> BR
>
> Luc
> RHCE

top can show per CPU usage.

While running top interactively, press the 1 key to show individual CPU
stats.

top can also sort by a variety of methods.

While running interactively, press F to show the sort menu.

top can also be run in non interactive mode to collect data over time to
a file, which can be used to create trend analysis.

You may want to take a close look at top.

Probably the best/easiest trend analysis tool is: munin, right now.

Good Luck!

Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 PM

> Hi,
>
> to answer to both :

* I 'm not using Fedora but RHEL 5, and no package is available

including atop or htop
> * Like a server, it runs under
level 3 not 5, so I need a command
> line tool

Hi,

atop works from the command line.* I believe you can
find a package for RHEL 5 here:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/15269686/dir/redhat_el_5/com/atop-debuginfo-1.23-8.el5.i386.rpm.html

dangerous content by
MailScanner, and is