Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Andy Campbell

Default F14 install problems on Acer Aspire One D255

Has anyone been able in install F14 on an Acer Aspire One D255 (Netbook
Atom N550) ?

I've tried 64bit and 32bit DVD installs using an external USB DVD drive.
They just hangs booting with "ISOLinux 4.02" line and doesn't get any
further. The DVDs are good and been used to install other machines.

I've tried a live image from a USB stick and that does the same with bit
with "SYSLinux 4.02" on boot.

I tried an F13 DVD that gets further - but then can't find the drive
containing the Media - even though its currently booting from it.

F13 live USB is the only thing that has boot so far to a working OS :-(

Thanks
Andy

Old 02-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Anne Wilson

On Saturday 19 February 2011 09:24:44 Andy Campbell wrote:
> Has anyone been able in install F14 on an Acer Aspire One D255 (Netbook
> Atom N550) ?
>
> I've tried 64bit and 32bit DVD installs using an external USB DVD drive.
> They just hangs booting with "ISOLinux 4.02" line and doesn't get any
> further. The DVDs are good and been used to install other machines.
>
> I've tried a live image from a USB stick and that does the same with bit
> with "SYSLinux 4.02" on boot.
>
> I tried an F13 DVD that gets further - but then can't find the drive
> containing the Media - even though its currently booting from it.
>
> F13 live USB is the only thing that has boot so far to a working OS :-(

I have an Acer Aspire One 533 which also uses the Intel Atom N550. Fedora 14
is installed from a USB DVD and running satisfactorily. It needs the 32-bit
install.

Anne

Old 02-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Andy Campbell

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:24:44 +0000, Andy Campbell wrote:

> Has anyone been able in install F14 on an Acer Aspire One D255 (Netbook
> Atom N550) ?

I F14 got installed by installing F13 from a live USB stick then upgrading,
I'll test the F15 pre-releases, and log a bug if its a problem - there
must be something about the hardware and the version ISOLinux used.

Andy