Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Jim

Default Playing .mov files in Fedora

Fedora 14 /KDE

I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.

MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can I Convert
to another format , using what App ?

I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .

Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Jim wrote:
> I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .

You should contact the author of Autoten. This list is for Fedora
software only.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 PM
JD

Have you tried

sudo yum install libquicktime libmpeg3* ??

Old 02-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Jim

sudo yum install libquicktime libmpeg3* ??

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Jim <binarynut@comcast.net>
I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.

MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can
I Convert

to another format , using what App ?

I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .

Both libquicktime libmpeg3 files are Installed .

Thanks JD

Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Fred Erickson

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Jim <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
> Fedora 14 /KDE
>
> I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.
>
> MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can I Convert
> to another format , using what App ?
>
> I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .

My Fedora 14 MoviePlayer & VLC both will play a .mov file - have you
downloaded "all" the codecs? The plugins & extensions window on my VLC
has quite a long list. Admittedly though, I only tested on one .mov
file.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Thursday 17 February 2011 19:36:27 Jim wrote:
> Fedora 14 /KDE
>
> I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.
>
> MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can I Convert
> to another format , using what App ?

Run "mplayer video.mov" in a terminal, copy-paste all of its output, and post
it here on the list, so that we can see what is wrong with the playback.

HTH, :-)
Marko

Old 02-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Joe Zeff

On 02/17/2011 11:45 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>> I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .
>
> You should contact the author of Autoten. This list is for Fedora
> software only.

Autoten (First written for F 10, and updated for each succeeding
version.) is written and maintained by Dangermouse, one of the
administrators of fedoraforum.org to help new users by installing most
of the things that Fedora itself can't include such as the un-free
codecs and the ATI/nVidia drivers. If the OP's used Autoten the way he
writes, you can be sure that the issue isn't a codec.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Jim

On 02/17/2011 03:00 PM, Fred Erickson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Jim<binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Fedora 14 /KDE
>>
>> I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.
>>
>> MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can I Convert
>> to another format , using what App ?
>>
>> I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .
> My Fedora 14 MoviePlayer& VLC both will play a .mov file - have you
> downloaded "all" the codecs? The plugins& extensions window on my VLC
> has quite a long list. Admittedly though, I only tested on one .mov
> file.
I used Autoten to Install "All" codecs ,how do you install yours ?

Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Jim

On 02/17/2011 03:06 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Thursday 17 February 2011 19:36:27 Jim wrote:
>> Fedora 14 /KDE
>>
>> I have video.mov file I want to play in Fedora.
>>
>> MoviePlayer, VLC, Xine, DragonPlayer will not play it, how can I Convert
>> to another format , using what App ?
> Run "mplayer video.mov" in a terminal, copy-paste all of its output, and post
> it here on the list, so that we can see what is wrong with the playback.
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

MPlayer SVN-r31628-4.4.4 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing battle of marjha raveenf.mov.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] stream 0: subtitle (unknown), -sid 0, -slang eng
LAVF: no audio or video headers found - broken file?
ISO: File Type Major Brand: Original QuickTime
Quicktime/MOV file format detected.
[mov] Subtitle stream found, -sid 0
No stream found.

Exiting... (End of file)

Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Jim

On 02/17/2011 03:06 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/17/2011 11:45 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> Jim wrote:
>>> I have used Autoten to Download All Codecs .
>> You should contact the author of Autoten. This list is for Fedora
>> software only.
> Autoten (First written for F 10, and updated for each succeeding
> version.) is written and maintained by Dangermouse, one of the
> administrators of fedoraforum.org to help new users by installing most
> of the things that Fedora itself can't include such as the un-free
> codecs and the ATI/nVidia drivers. If the OP's used Autoten the way he
> writes, you can be sure that the issue isn't a codec.
Thanks for that Info.