Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 AM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

Default yum include?!?

Hi,
I was looking for a way to use ONLY specific packages from some repos,
and exclude everything else. There are some repos that have just one
or two packages I want/need.
I don't want other packages conflicting others in fedora repos. Is
there a way to exclude everything except few specific packages?

I found post [1] suggesting to use "yum --disablerepo=*
--enablerepo=name --exclude=!my_package*" but that doesn't work.

So is there another way?

It would be a great feature for yum or new yum-plugin to have both
--exclude and --include options

[1] http://fixunix.com/redhat/136169-yum-conf-exclude-pattern.html

Cheers,
Valent.

--
follow me - www.twitter.com/valentt & http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
linux, anime, spirituality, wireless, scuba, linuxmce smart home, zwave

Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Jussi Lehtola

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:48:35 +0100
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com" <valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was looking for a way to use ONLY specific packages from some repos,
> and exclude everything else. There are some repos that have just one
> or two packages I want/need.
> I don't want other packages conflicting others in fedora repos. Is
> there a way to exclude everything except few specific packages?
>
> I found post [1] suggesting to use "yum --disablerepo=*
> --enablerepo=name --exclude=!my_package*" but that doesn't work.

e.g.

# yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=name update pkg1 pkg2 pkg3

will only update pkgs 1 2 and 3 (and their dependencies, if necessary).
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor

Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Andre Robatino

valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I was looking for a way to use ONLY specific packages from some repos,
> and exclude everything else. There are some repos that have just one
> or two packages I want/need.
> I don't want other packages conflicting others in fedora repos. Is
> there a way to exclude everything except few specific packages?

See the repo-specific "exclude" and "includepkgs" options from the yum.conf man
page.

exclude Same as the [main] exclude option but only for this
repository. Substitution variables, described below, are hon‐
ored here.

includepkgs Inverse of exclude. This is a list of packages you
want to use from a repository. If this option lists only one
package then that is all yum will ever see from the repository.
Defaults to an empty list. Substitution variables, described
below, are honored here.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Andre Robatino
<robatino@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I was looking for a way to use ONLY specific packages from some repos,
>> and exclude everything else. There are some repos that have just one
>> or two packages I want/need.
>> I don't want other packages conflicting others in fedora repos. Is
>> there a way to exclude everything except few specific packages?
>
> See the repo-specific "exclude" and "includepkgs" options from the yum.conf man
> page.
>
> * * * * * * *exclude Same as the [main] exclude *option *but *only *for *this
> * * * * * * *repository. * Substitution *variables, described below, are hon‐
> * * * * * * *ored here.
>
> * * * * * * *includepkgs Inverse of exclude. This is a list of *packages *you
> * * * * * * *want *to *use *from *a repository. If this option lists only one
> * * * * * * *package then that is all yum will ever see from the *repository.
> * * * * * * *Defaults *to *an *empty list. *Substitution variables, described
> * * * * * * *below, are honored here.

Thanks, I was looking only in yum man page and didn't look into
yum.conf man page. This is exactly what I needed. Cheers!

Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Richard Shaw

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM, valent.turkovic@gmail.com
<valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I was looking only in yum man page and didn't look into
> yum.conf man page. This is exactly what I needed. Cheers!

Yup, you can get there that way but I wish someone would write a
plugin that would update these types of packages/situations
automatically.

Richard