Old 02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Tim

Default WiFi: why not a diagram showing access points?

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 11:23 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Ever been annoyed by visitors with mobile phones? Keep a metal
> biscuit tin handy to seal them into. ;-)

Addendum: Seeing as nobody took the bait... Yes, it was intentional
that I didn't say whether you seal the visitors, or their phones, into
the box.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Rick Stevens

On 02/17/2011 09:02 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 11:23 +1030, Tim wrote:
>> Ever been annoyed by visitors with mobile phones? Keep a metal
>> biscuit tin handy to seal them into. ;-)
>
> Addendum: Seeing as nobody took the bait... Yes, it was intentional
> that I didn't say whether you seal the visitors, or their phones, into
> the box.

A large portion of your audience lives in the USA, where you can be sued
for even THINKING of doing such a thing...tempting though it is.
- -
- "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick" -
- themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -
- -- Winston Churchill -

Old 02-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Joe Zeff

On 02/17/2011 04:43 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> they replied each time that the line was fine,
> and "the problem lies between modem and computer"
> (a phrase they seem to like).

A convenient cop-out IMAO. I did tech support for a major ISP for over
seven years and we were always expected to help our customers track down
issues like that as best we could.