Old 02-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Michael Hannon

Default Convert sqlite to mysql in f14?

Hi, folks. I've received a sqlite database that I'd like to convert to a mysql
database on my Fedora 14 system. It's easy enough to dump the sqlite database,
but the resulting file contains some commands that mysql doesn't "like".

I see that there are commercial tools available to do this kind of conversion,
but this is (I hope) a one-time thing for me, so I'd prefer not to spend money
on it.

If you know of a (free) tool that will reliably do the conversion from sqlite to
mysql, will you please send me the relevant information?

Thanks,

-- Mike

Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Ted Roche

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Michael Hannon <jm_hannon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks. *I've received a sqlite database that I'd like to convert to a mysql
> database on my Fedora 14 system. *It's easy enough to dump the sqlite database,
> but the resulting file contains some commands that mysql doesn't "like".
>
> I see that there are commercial tools available to do this kind of conversion,
> but this is (I hope) a one-time thing for me, so I'd prefer not to spend money
> on it.
>
> If you know of a (free) tool that will reliably do the conversion from sqlite to
> mysql, will you please send me the relevant information?

Have you Googled for suggestions? There's a bunch of links at the
mysql.com site, an outstanding answer on the StackOverflow site (voted
up 26 times), and 482,000 other hits I didn't spend a lot of time
reading. I don't want to waste your time by suggestion things you've
already looked at and rejected.

And if you can tell us why you rejected them, perhaps we can give you
a more targeted answer.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC