Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
les

Default internet intermittent very long message

Hi, everyone,
I am experiencing internet intermittency. The same computer booted
under windows performs very well, but when running Fedora 14 is very
poor. Videos will only partially load, email (evolution) gives "error
downloading mail", photos and graphics will be interrupted before they
complete, etc. etc.

tcpdump shows groups of ARP requests about 1 group per second
requesting the users on my network respond in idle (only tcpdump
accessing the network with possibly nntp.) and that's it.

I have cleared out the various directories where cookies, temp files,
flash stuff and some downloads are saved, Checked the internet
connections by replacing the cable (not really expecting this to change
anything since windows works), and checked various settings according to
AT&T (who do not support linux at all) and looked on line at various
suggestions, all to no gain.

Basically I don't know what to look at next, and googling has not
returned much in the way of help. Mostly a thread about memcpy, which
may or may not apply.

Regards,
Les H