Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Alain Roger

Default username, password and proxy setting for yum and in general

Hi,

at work i installed Fedora 14 and i needed to export http_proxy variable because we use a proxy.
however, for now it is written in plaintext in .bashrc file and in yum.conf file.

this has 2 issue.
1. my username and password are human readable

2. in our company password must be changed every 60 days.

a) how can i store username and password in a not human readable way (encrypted for example) a still make it available for yum, or ther purposes like firefox ?

b) how can i do to only once change it and that change should be applicable for all purposes like yum, firefox, and so on... ?
thank a lot,

--
Alain

Windows 7 x64 / Fedora 14 x64
PostgreSQL 8.3.5 / MySQL 5
Apache 2.2.16
PHP 5.3.1
C# 2005-2008

Old 02-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Chris Smart

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Alain Roger <raf.news@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at work i installed Fedora 14 and i needed to export http_proxy variable
> because we use a proxy.

What kind of proxy is it? Windows NTLM?

-c