Old 02-11-2011, 07:06 AM
"antonio.montagnani@alice.it"

Default R: Not able to connect to wifi in Fedora 14

"Community support for Fedora users"<users@lists.fedoraproject.org>

Rohit Farmer wrote:
>> I have just bought Dell Inspiron M501R AMD Phenom Quad
Core, which was
>> bundled with windows7 where all the features are working
fine. I then
>> installed Fedora 14 64 bit on a partition and now i am not able
to connect
>> to wifi.
>>
>> I used the command lspci -vnn and at the end it
shows the following, does
>> this output means the drivers of the wlan card is
not installed.

>> 04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation
BCM4313 802.11b/g
>> LP-PHY [14e4:4727] (rev 01)
>
>This is the same device as
on my netbook. I have been told that it will not
>work with the b43 driver.
I have been promised some help this morning on IRC,
>and I'll report back if I
get it to work.

>Anne
>--

did you try this??:

Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Anne Wilson

On Friday 11 February 2011 08:06:15 antonio.montagnani@alice.it wrote:
> [...]

Actually, no, because another webpage said it needed the b43 driver. I plan
to try that version today. The problem, as is so often so, is that
information from various sources, all apparently reputable, give different
information.

Anne