Old 02-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Chris Smart

Default Kororaa 14 Beta2 released

If anyone's interested, Beta2 has been released (https://kororaa.org/download).

This release includes several fixes, updates, as well as the following
major changes:

* GNOME version – that’s right, now Kororaa comes with GNOME too!
* GNOME Shell – experience the future of the GNOME desktop (turn
on manually, or pass “gnome-shell” to kernel)
* Elementary icon set and GTK theme for GNOME
* KDE updated to 4.5.5
* LibreOffice replaces OpenOffice.org
* KSplice support – stay secure with rebootless kernel updates!
* Lennart Poettering’s “200 line patch” bash version included
* Updated extras installer now supports AMD/ATI video drivers (as
well as Flash and NVIDIA)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 02-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Hiisi

pe, 2011-02-11 kello 16:54 +1100, Chris Smart kirjoitti:

> Let me know what you think.

Well, since you asked... I think it sounds pretty cool! Will give it a
try soon enough.
--
Real Men don't make backups. They upload it via ftp and let the world mirror it.
-- Linus Torvalds

Old 03-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Beartooth

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:54:00 +1100, Chris Smart wrote:

> If anyone's interested, Beta2 has been released
> (https://kororaa.org/download).
>
> This release includes several fixes, updates, as well as the following
> major changes:
>
> * GNOME version – that’s right, now Kororaa comes with GNOME too! *
[....]
> * LibreOffice replaces OpenOffice.org *
[....]

My attempts to try this out (after having asked for it!) have
been attended by great difficulty and annoyance, as Mark Twain said of
learning German.

But I have tried it, on an EeePC 701, and liked it. I don't use a
word processor, though, and I've no more than heard of LibreOffice; so I
gave the live DVD to my wife, who has written two or three books with OOo,
and will pass on her reaction when I get it.

Many than ks for your excellent efforts!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Chris Smart

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Beartooth <beartooth@comcast.net> wrote:

> * * * *My attempts to try this out (after having asked for it!) have
> been attended by great difficulty and annoyance, as Mark Twain said of
> learning German.
>
> * * * *But I have tried it, on an EeePC 701, and liked it. I don't use a
> word processor, though, and I've no more than heard of LibreOffice; so I
> gave the live DVD to my wife, who has written two or three books with OOo,
> and will pass on her reaction when I get it.
>
> * * * *Many than ks for your excellent efforts!

Cool, thanks Beta3 is out now too, with the next to come in a few
weeks, hopefully.

-c