Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Michael Eager

Default F14 problem mounting NFS file system

Hi --

I have recently installed F14 (2.6.35.10-74.fc14.x86_64) under
VMware 6.5. (The host is F10.) I have a couple mounts from
NFS servers, all of which seem pretty unremarkable and which
work without problem on other VMs.

Mounting the NFS file systems seems to work correctly, without
any errors. When I try to "cd" into the mount point, or run
"ls <mount point>" the command freezes until killed.

There's nothing in /var/log/messages to give any clue about
what is happening.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077

Old 02-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Michael Eager

Michael Eager wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I have recently installed F14 (2.6.35.10-74.fc14.x86_64) under
> VMware 6.5. (The host is F10.) I have a couple mounts from
> NFS servers, all of which seem pretty unremarkable and which
> work without problem on other VMs.
>
> Mounting the NFS file systems seems to work correctly, without
> any errors. When I try to "cd" into the mount point, or run
> "ls <mount point>" the command freezes until killed.
>
> There's nothing in /var/log/messages to give any clue about
> what is happening.

Resolved: The NIC in the VM was configured with jumbo frames
(MTU=9000), as was the server. When I reset this to the
default (MTU=1500), I'm able to see the mounted file systems.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Thierry Vanden Broucke

Nice done, wasn't even able to think about it yet

2011/2/9 Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com>

Michael Eager wrote:

> Hi --

> I have recently installed F14 (2.6.35.10-74.fc14.x86_64) under

> VMware 6.5. *(The host is F10.) *I have a couple mounts from

> NFS servers, all of which seem pretty unremarkable and which

> work without problem on other VMs.

> Mounting the NFS file systems seems to work correctly, without

> any errors. *When I try to "cd" into the mount point, or run

> "ls <mount point>" the command freezes until killed.

> There's nothing in /var/log/messages to give any clue about

> what is happening.

Resolved: *The NIC in the VM was configured with jumbo frames

(MTU=9000), as was the server. *When I reset this to the

default (MTU=1500), I'm able to see the mounted file systems.

--

Michael Eager * *eager@eagercon.com

1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 *650-325-8077

Thierry Vanden Broucke
Linux User - 415586
Oracle ID - SR3276201
Oracle Database 10G Certified Associate
Oracle Application Server 10G Certified Associate

Bachelor of Information Systems - FIB
Cel. +55 71-9158-3495