FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Wade Hampton
 
Default No mic with Skype on netbook

I have a netbook with Fedora 14 + updates, pluseaudio enabled

by default. This is on a netbook, Gateway LT2104u (really an ASUS AFIK).

I am using the internal mic and skype-2.1.0.81-fc10.i586. Audio out,

video, etc. all work fine.



With no changes to modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf, the following works:

arecord -c1 -Dplughw:0,0 -f cd -vv /dev/null

Mic works fine on audacity, even full-duplex.


Skype only shows pulseaudio as an option for mic.* Others
seem to have the same problem....




Alsa/Pulse info:

# cat /proc/asound/version

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.

# cat /proc/asound/modules

0 snd_hda_intel

# cat /proc/asound/devices

2: : timer

3: : sequencer

4: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback

5: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture

6: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent

7: [ 0] : control

# cat /proc/asound/cards

0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel

HDA Intel at 0x58200000 irq 44

# cat /proc/asound/card?/codec#* | grep Codec

Codec: Realtek ALC272X



Any help would be most appreciated.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Paolo Galtieri
 
Default No mic with Skype on netbook

On 02/08/11 18:20, Wade Hampton wrote:
> I have a netbook with Fedora 14 + updates, pluseaudio enabled
> by default. This is on a netbook, Gateway LT2104u (really an ASUS AFIK).
> I am using the internal mic and skype-2.1.0.81-fc10.i586. Audio out,
> video, etc. all work fine.
>
> With no changes to modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf, the following works:
> arecord -c1 -Dplughw:0,0 -f cd -vv /dev/null
> Mic works fine on audacity, even full-duplex.
>
> Skype only shows pulseaudio as an option for mic. Others
> seem to have the same problem....
>
> Alsa/Pulse info:
> # cat /proc/asound/version
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
> # cat /proc/asound/modules
> 0 snd_hda_intel
> # cat /proc/asound/devices
> 2: : timer
> 3: : sequencer
> 4: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
> 5: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
> 6: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
> 7: [ 0] : control
> # cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
> HDA Intel at 0x58200000 irq 44
> # cat /proc/asound/card?/codec#* | grep Codec
> Codec: Realtek ALC272X
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
I had the same problem with skype. I fixed the problem by going into
System->Preferences->Sound (Gnome), select Input and change the
microphone setting to microphone 2.

Paolo
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Temlakos
 
Default No mic with Skype on netbook

On 02/08/2011 08:32 PM, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
> On 02/08/11 18:20, Wade Hampton wrote:
>> I have a netbook with Fedora 14 + updates, pluseaudio enabled
>> by default. This is on a netbook, Gateway LT2104u (really an ASUS AFIK).
>> I am using the internal mic and skype-2.1.0.81-fc10.i586. Audio out,
>> video, etc. all work fine.
>>
>> With no changes to modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf, the following works:
>> arecord -c1 -Dplughw:0,0 -f cd -vv /dev/null
>> Mic works fine on audacity, even full-duplex.
>>
>> Skype only shows pulseaudio as an option for mic. Others
>> seem to have the same problem....
>>
>> Alsa/Pulse info:
>> # cat /proc/asound/version
>> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
>> # cat /proc/asound/modules
>> 0 snd_hda_intel
>> # cat /proc/asound/devices
>> 2: : timer
>> 3: : sequencer
>> 4: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
>> 5: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
>> 6: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
>> 7: [ 0] : control
>> # cat /proc/asound/cards
>> 0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>> HDA Intel at 0x58200000 irq 44
>> # cat /proc/asound/card?/codec#* | grep Codec
>> Codec: Realtek ALC272X
>>
>> Any help would be most appreciated.
>>
> I had the same problem with skype. I fixed the problem by going into
> System->Preferences->Sound (Gnome), select Input and change the
> microphone setting to microphone 2.
>
> Paolo

All right, then tell me this: how do I solve that problem in KDE?

Temlakos
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Wade Hampton
 
Default No mic with Skype on netbook

> From:*Temlakos <temlakos@gmail.com>
> To:*users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> Date:*Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:35:02 -0500
> Subject:*Re: No mic with Skype on netbook
> On 02/08/2011 08:32 PM, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
>>
>> On 02/08/11 18:20, Wade Hampton wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a netbook with Fedora 14 + updates, pluseaudio enabled
>>> by default. This is on a netbook, Gateway LT2104u (really an ASUS AFIK).
>>> I am using the internal mic and skype-2.1.0.81-fc10.i586. Audio out,
>>> video, etc. all work fine.
>>>
>>> With no changes to modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf, the following works:
>>> arecord -c1 -Dplughw:0,0 -f cd -vv /dev/null
>>> Mic works fine on audacity, even full-duplex.
>>>
>>> Skype only shows pulseaudio as an option for mic. *Others
>>> seem to have the same problem....
>>>
>>> Alsa/Pulse info:
>>> # cat /proc/asound/version
>>> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
>>> # cat /proc/asound/modules
>>> 0 snd_hda_intel
>>> # cat /proc/asound/devices
>>> 2: : timer
>>> 3: : sequencer
>>> 4: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
>>> 5: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
>>> 6: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
>>> 7: [ 0] : control
>>> # cat /proc/asound/cards
>>> 0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>>> HDA Intel at 0x58200000 irq 44
>>> # cat /proc/asound/card?/codec#* | grep Codec
>>> Codec: Realtek ALC272X
>>>
>>> Any help would be most appreciated.
>>>
>> I had the same problem with skype. *I fixed the problem by going into
>> System->Preferences->Sound (Gnome), select Input and change the
>> microphone setting to microphone 2.
>>
>> Paolo
>
> All right, then tell me this: how do I solve that problem in KDE?

I'll check tonight (netbook at home), but I don't believe I have
a second option for a microphone. Also, the microphone worked
fine with Audacity.

Cheers,
--
Wade
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org