Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Alain Roger

Default installation Joomla

Hi,

i'm facing an interesting issue. The whole day i read psots about joomla installation issue with file configuration.php which is not writtable and another issue with directory permissions.
However, everything i tried was unsuccessful and therefore i've decided to write a message in this list to see if someone could help me.

basically when you install joomla on F14, installation checks if configuration.php file iswrittable.
in my case, under F14, it is not writtable even i set chmod 777.
i also tried to change group of owner or owner from root to apache but once again without success (chgrp, chown).

i also trie to setup such things for the whole joomla package of files (site) but once again => unsuccessful.

do you have an idea what could it be ?
thank a lot,
--
Alain

Windows 7 x64 / Fedora 14 x64
PostgreSQL 8.3.5 / MySQL 5
Apache 2.2.16
PHP 5.3.1

Old 02-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Paolo Galtieri

On 02/08/11 11:07, Alain Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm facing an interesting issue. The whole day i read psots about joomla
> installation issue with file configuration.php which is not writtable
> and another issue with directory permissions.
> However, everything i tried was unsuccessful and therefore i've decided
> to write a message in this list to see if someone could help me.
>
> basically when you install joomla on F14, installation checks if
> configuration.php file iswrittable.
> in my case, under F14, it is not writtable even i set chmod 777.
> i also tried to change group of owner or owner from root to apache but
> once again without success (chgrp, chown).
> i also trie to setup such things for the whole joomla package of files
> (site) but once again => unsuccessful.
>
> do you have an idea what could it be ?
>
> thank a lot,
> --
> Alain
> Windows 7 x64 / Fedora 14 x64
> PostgreSQL 8.3.5 / MySQL 5
> Apache 2.2.16
> PHP 5.3.1

I had no problem installing the latest Joomla. I got the same "is not
writable" error for configuration.php, but I went ahead and completed
the install since Joomla indicates I can do the install anyway and then
copy the config parameters at the end. This worked fine.

I encountered a couple of problems after the install. First when I
tried to create an account it refused to let me use an email address
that I had assigned to the admin account. In fact if I created 2
accounts I could not use the same email address for both accounts. The
other issue I encountered is after I created the account it said an
activation link was sent to the email address I registered with. I have
yet to see these activation links. Sendmail is running and I don't see
any errors.

Anybody have any ideas why I'm not seeing the mail messages sent by
httpd? I did have to update my SELinux policy to allow httpd to send email.

Thanks,
Paolo

Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Hiisi

ti, 2011-02-08 kello 12:02 -0700, Paolo Galtieri kirjoitti:
> Anybody have any ideas why I'm not seeing the mail messages sent by
> httpd? I did have to update my SELinux policy to allow httpd to send
> email.

The answer is in /var/log/maillog
--
By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since
sliced bread.